fotokovacic

Damage on photos Fuji Frontier 350

Helo.I got Damage on photos (lots of scrath line) u will see ill put photo example to see.

The damage photo begins when photos are coming out on P2 Crossover rack.

When i remove crossover rack its ok,but when i put every other crossover rack i still got damage.

I also saw that my spins on crossover rack on P1 and P2 are slower then others,can maybe that be a problem and i got 

damage photos.

I put later a good rack whith good spin and i got minimal damage but still got some lines on photos.

1DMG.jpg

2DMG.jpg

I had the same problem on Gretag Minilab, it happened that the first 2 rolls on the top of the rack after some months due to high temperature increased their volume and due to more attriction between them and the crossover they scratched the photos. That usually happened on the Bleach Rack. I changed that 2 rolls with brand new and it worked ok. Also try to clean with hot water the crossver it could be some wheels that don't spin good due to incrustation.

@fotokovacicquestions to you about machine background FIRSTLY 

How long have your been using your paper-scratching Frontier 350 machine ?

do scratches come out suddenly one day     - or -     it started on day 1  when you use the machine ?

Paper load in paper magazine correctly ?  I mean emulsion In or emulsion Out

the problems of scrathing started last week ,the paper i load  in paper magazine is the same like always,i think that is not a problem,why u think that maybe that is a problem?

for me bigest confusion is that every crossover rack i put on p2 got less or more line scraps,i clean them all in car wash,i think the @Rourke84 say best thing about this problem. @Fuji1 i dont hink the problem is improperly loaded paper in the tray beacues there is no scrarch lines when paper going out from printer to rack,before go to p1 rack there is no line scratches,maybe the sand hidden can  also be problem but i clean it all.

From your description it seems to be clear that the lines comes from pressure of the paper up in the "roof" in crossover rack. Since the same happens when you replace the cross over rack you will have to check the PS3 rack. First just exchange your PS3 rack with with one of the other rinse racks. Check for marks when the paper comes out of the replace rack. If they are gone I suspect that the top middle roller in your PS3 rack has deteriorated and does not give a proper grip. I have often found pieces of rubber in the bottom of the rinse tanks from those top rollers. 

Happy hunting

Edited by shutter
correcting

but is strange only in second tank i got problem with crossover rack,every crossover rack i put i got diferent damage,can i maybe cut the roller from side to lower the pressure on photos?,beacues i think they volume  grow up with years and now i got a pressure on photos and it get damage lines.

iv done some testing: i put crossover rack on p3 to see if there is a damage like i was put on p2,and there was no damage on all crossover rack when i put them on p1,or p3,p4..

i got only damage photo when i put them on p2.i cleaned p2 tank and tank-rack and it work maybe 2days without scrath photo,so i thinked is maybe p2 cemical expired or maybe to much dirty in chemical and beacues of that my tank geting dirty also and do damage on photos? @Rourke84 @shutter @Fuji1 

i also done some crazy test: ive buypass the p2 tank so photos going to p1 i think is developer in that tank pass te p2(i think is bleac-fix) and going strait to p3 tank,in i see that photos are in perfect state.so my question is what is bleac-fix  in p2 tank performs for photos beacues its seems now that i can develop photo without p2tank. @Fuji1 @Rourke84 

There are one long and one short explanation to why you get perfect pictures without using the P2 process. The short explanation is that there is so much P2/BLFX in your

PS3/4/5/6 tanks that it is enough to bleach and fix the photos for the moment. But all pictures that you deliver without  a proper BLFX-step will have deteriorating colors. Forget Fuji's 70 year claim! 

If you have problems with the P2 rack working you have the problem there. The P2 have a nasty habit of producing some hard build ups in contact with the air. The exit from the P2 rack has some teeth that correspond to those on your prints. Some times a cleaning only removes the "protecting dirt" 😉  Does the processor has any problems with the transport, uneven or prints on top of each other? 

Edited by shutter

i try to test now that i remove blfx and put water in same tank with same crossover rack and now is ok without damage lines on photos,beacues i change rack in machine for testing now i got on last tank rack with crossover rack where water is the damage lines,is so strange,i clean all tank and rack and i got a random damage,dont know if there is a problem with cemicals,crossover rack,or tank.