Sign in to follow this  
DonCorleone

NCE Different colors QSS-3704

Hi everyone, we have several printers and each of them print different colors in NCE (values at 0). The paper is registered on 117 - Crystal Archive NEW. Anyone know how to standardize them? What could it be to blame for each one working differently on the same paper?

Photo

Edited by DonCorleone

Upload both minilabs daily test results. Probably one calibration plate is bad. Noritsu recommends to change plastic calibration plate after two years. It is better to use ceramic calibration plate, because it has not use time limit. Ceramic plate has different shape, but it is exchangeable with plastic. 

Try using Machine-to-machine variation correction

Extension → Setup → Laser Setup → Paper
Specification Registration/Setup → Functions → Machine-to-machine variation correction

On 5/22/2020 at 9:11 PM, Dave S said:

Try using Machine-to-machine variation correction

Extension → Setup → Laser Setup → Paper
Specification Registration/Setup → Functions → Machine-to-machine variation correction

Do you have a sample bmp file for printing? I would like to print it on a green III printer(cheat machine QSS-37)

Bitmap3025.bmp

49 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Do you have a sample bmp file for printing? I would like to print it on a green III printer(cheat machine QSS-37)

Bitmap3025.bmp 589.39 kB · 0 downloads

No I don't have any sample for printing. I'm not sure how printing a comparison using the green III helps with anything?

You can't really compare 2 completely different printing systems with one another, they will always be different.

What is your objective?

The machine has to read it's own calibration print to calibrate itself. If you read a print from another machine it will incorrectly calibrate.

The only thing I can suggest is make sure all the machines are running the same software and profile data versions.

Do the white and black balance corrections and paper profile corrections.

You can also put colour corrections into the magazine balances to try to even out any differences.

The software version on all machines is the same (printer, ez controller, profile). We bet that the lasers in the machines / colorimeters are already used

3 hours ago, Dave S said:

You can also put colour corrections into the magazine balances to try to even out any differences.

Where is this option

To correct middle tone go Extension. → Setup → Paper Balance Correction, There select paper magazine and correct color. 

To correct color on light area go to highlight balance adjustment. There can correct balance automatically and manually.

To get smooth change of color from white to black on operator selections "Setup Type" line select 2.