PAULOLAS

QSS 2901:error message 6820-0004 update

Hello everybody,

I'm a retired serviceman of Noritsu agent. A former customer has a QSS2901 that cannot print anything for the last 3 weeks. Neither films nor files.

The error message is 6820-0004  Image Processing PCB operation error. Service manual explanation is : The data cannot be written to the input memory.

Would a colleague help me?

Is the input memory one of the 3 RAM plugged in Image processing PCB (IPB) ?

Could an other pcb explain this problem?

We have replaced IPB with two others.We have replaced D-ice pcb. Unsuccessful

Is it possible to print without correction pcb?

Regards

6820-0004 usually cause faulty image correction pcb. Two the same boards on QSS2901. The same image correction used on QSS28, QSS29, QSS31 series minilabs and S-2600SA ( stand alone scanner ) .
On QSS2901 used special RAM modules. Can't put them into regular computer, or on board use computer RAM modules.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your speedy reply. I have forgotten to give some information:  when he tries to print, he can see and correct the pictures on the screen but the first sheet of paper does not rise towards the mlva and the error message appears later.

Could you tell me  what data is transmitted by Arcnet and what data is transmitted by  LVDS ?

Thanks again.

Control signals transmitted by ARCNET and image - by LVDS. Try to print only one photo from digital and from scanner. Look do you have the same error.
6820-0004 usually cause faulty image correction pcb. Test them on other minilab. Run software update from HD ( for image correction ) , when you put into other minilab and when returned to your minilab.
6820-0004 also can cause faulty RAM, or even image processing pcb. There are two QSS29 image processing pcb models. One with removable RAM modules and other - without them. Boards are exchangeable. When board exchanged need to run software update ( for image processing ) and read minilab backup ( backup of minilab where board installed, go to service mode and read backup for image processing ) .

Hello,

Yesterday, both Image correction pcb were replaced. Then, light source update become possible (before, it was not )

Then, we have tried one print of negative. > ERROR 6108-0001. At this moment, printer is "frozen" and we must switch off.

Then, we replaced printer control pcb, update software ,  restore latest good backup, uncheck box "d-ice" and print a negative > 6108-0001 > minilab "frozen"

Then swith off minilab.

Then Restart,  process an emulsion change = OK

CONCLUSION:

print a file > error 6820-004 and keep the control of minilab

print a negative > error 6801*0001 and minilab is frozen (have to switch off)

Any new suggestion?

Et Latine nihil mea (I lose my latin there)

Best regards

After image correction pcb replacement go to service mode. Then go to software upgrade from HD. There select to upgrade both image correction pcb. Just in case can try to upgrade other image processing section boards. Then try again.
If still will not work - try to switch image correction pcb ( first with second ) . Only one image correction pcb works with scanner.