abarnum77

v30 first time power on

I just bought a used v30 standard, not the SM and I am rather confused. The manual which came with the machine is for the SM so it is not much help. I have filled the machine with water as was suggested to me. I was under the impression if I filled the lower replenishment tanks and powered up the machine that it would auto fill the upper chemical tanks but this was not the case. I then added water directly to the upper tanks and got the machine to warm up but when it almost reached temperature it  tells me a <024> error code for P1 P2 P3 P4 P5 P6 P7 P8. 

I did note the water is pretty dirty and I read on here a few moments ago that a clogged pump could cause this error. But once I resolve this I need to know how much tank solution is needed for each chemical (CD & Bleach) and how do I put the chemicals into the machine. I have been told I need to know how much each Chemical tank holds, does anyone know?

Any Tips pointers or suggestions would be a major help!! Thank You!! 

'Link to QSF V series  all manuals, Service, Operator  and Parts for   SM and RA.   Zip file.

There is also  recent forum  post  on the how-to for  tanking up/mixing the  processing solutions.  Scroll down and you'll find it.
Edited by photocorp

Thanks everyone for your input. Since my first post I have gotten the Manuals for the V30 and have flushed water through the machine 4x times and plan to do a few more. The circulation pumps are now working when the processor is first turned on but shut off 10 to 15 minutes, before all the chemicals are up to temp. The time before they shut off seems to increase with each flush. I am flushing with nothing in the solution tanks (racks, filters etc...) I have cleaned out alot of sediment and think there is still more. Is there any easy way anyone knows of to clean the pump tubes?

Use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirt.

If it is showing all pumps P1 - P8 as stopped it will be (as Minilab service has said above) the micro switch for the processor lid that covers the racks., the switch has probably got high resistance, that may increase as the temperature of the machine gets hotter.

The switch is located in the back left corner, it's a little green micro switch.

Thanks again. I opened the lid and held the micro switch in with a straw. The machine ran for 2 hours with no problems . Hopefully that got the crud out. Going to repeat twice tomorrow with fresh water before mixing the chems.

Early on I got some bad advice and filled the replenishment tanks with water and don't know how to remove the water? Any ideas?? 

The easiest way is to use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck out the liquid from the rep tanks.

The other alternative is to unscrew the pipes from the replenisher pumps, rotate the black outer ring where the pipe connects to the pump, be careful not to loose the poppet valves.

You can operate the rep pumps in, Mode, Replenish/ Water refill, Replenishment,  Pump amount measurement.

Got another problem with the v30. When I insert a leader card and close the lid it says it is feeding into the machine but in reality it is not moving at all. 

At first I thought this was because I was trying to feed only a leader card with no film (Solution tanks are filled with water) but I even tried it with a small strip of 35mm film and same thing.

I removed the one cover and can see the feed roller spinning but it is not grabbing. I can also push the leader card in so far that the rack gear catches the leader card and pulls it in that way. But can some please tell me what is happening of not happening and how to fix it. 

Thanks!!

IIRC, in the film loading bay, on the right side where the leader card is inserted, there is a demarcation “line”, I think orange(?). The top of the leader card has to be inserted, at or below the line.

Otherwise, tape 2 or 1.5 leader cards together to make 1 really long leader card.!

So I read another post on here and it inspired me to take the whole film loader apart to clean the sensor talked about in the other post which is in the rear or the unit. Mine however is clean but I found hundreds of film snips which appear to be the cutter smashing the film. Anyway I suspect the solenoid in not firing which is what pushes the pinch roller against the film leader card.

Is it possible to run film without this and will the machine replenish the chems correctly?? 

you need service manual that will explain the way to check inputs and outputs, to dissassemble parts, to adjust parts, to check voltage and hundreds other information like diagramms and so on...

so, you could easily check pressur solenoid, cover switch, pump rotation...

send email address, i send you technician service manual

6 hours ago, abarnum77 said:

So I read another post on here and it inspired me to take the whole film loader apart to clean the sensor talked about in the other post which is in the rear or the unit. Mine however is clean but I found hundreds of film snips which appear to be the cutter smashing the film. Anyway I suspect the solenoid in not firing which is what pushes the pinch roller against the film leader card.

Is it possible to run film without this and will the machine replenish the chems correctly?? 

Yes it will be the pressure roller solenoids are stuck. Spray some WD-40 on the solenoid shafts and, rotate the moving part of the solenoid until is moves freely again.

The cause of this is if you are not careful when filling with chemistry or when fitting/removing the CD rack, the CD gets splashed into the loading unit which then seizes the solenoids and can block the film sensors.

Thanks, I will try that tonight!! 

Are the blades for the V30 still available and dose anyone know the part number? If not can the blades be sharpened?

I have the Service Manual for the Noritsu repair people. Could never have gotten the film loader apart without it.

same with QSF-V50 film processor, V30 film cutter part nos are :

Left cutter blade A041889-01          available in Japan  at least last December

Right cutter blade A041888-01        available in Japan at least last December    ( see photo)

A041888-01 Film cutter (RIGHT).jpg