Sign in to follow this  
abarnum77

File Missing Noritsu LS-600 Stand alone software

I recently invented in a LS-600  and then the software needed to run the scanner as a stand alone.

I bought:
LS-600 System Program ver 7.00 (R505407-01)

TWAIN Ver. 7.00.036 (R505541-02)

Both CD's came indirectly from Nortisu.  I say indirectly because I don't have a Noritsu account.

I installed both CD's on a Windows 7 PC, selected Stand Alone when prompted. I loaded the GIMP (newest version) and tried to load the TWAIN drivers. I get an error message which says NKSTDLIB_2.DLL is missing. I have searched both CD's for the file and Google, No luck. Does anyone have this missing file?? and or tell me what I am doing wrong.

I have an old version of EZ-controller but don't own or have room for a Noritsu printer and find EZ-controller overkill for my Lab's needs. I am trying to avoid buying the USB Dongle.

Any Help would be great!! 

Thanks but I solved the issue myself. Turns out I bought more then I need. The LS-600 System Program ver 7.00 (R505407-01) is all I needed and a free program called XnView.

I had not installed the USB drivers that were on the first CD, Once the drivers got updated the XnView quickly found the scanner and I was up and running in no time. 

I hear this all the time that you NEED the dongle and it is just not true. You DO need the dongle if you plan to use EZ-Controller but the scanner is fully functional as a stand alone scanner and no dongle needed. For my lab, that is perfect!! Super Happy!!

Hello. abarnum77 .

NKSTDLIB_2.dll should be installed on your computer. It is not on Noritsukoki. Look C:\Windows\twain_32\NkScan00013 . NKSTDLIB_2.dll should be there. If you have file, but Windows doesn't see it then manually register this file on Windows. If file really missing - tell and I give it for you.

On Ez controller version 7 ( or Twain 7 ) might be missing some files. For example on my EZ controller missing few help files  (  ENCONTROLLERVER680WHATSNEW.html , ENCONTROLLERVER681WHATSNEW.html , ENCONTROLLERVER700WHATSNEW.html , on C:\Noritsukoki\Common\Data\Help\EXT\WHATSNEW\ENCTRL\htm ) . Also do not see new version help files on C:\Noritsukoki\Common\Data\Help\EXT\WHATSNEW ( ENCONTROLLERVER700WHATSNEW png file and other ) .

Do you see these files on version, which you have?