Johnson Camera

2901 won't go past the "Proceeding, one moment please . . ."

First, the machine was giving us errors for both the scanner filter and all 3 MLVA filters. We found that we didn't have 36V and replaced the Printer Power Supply. This fixed the filter error but immediately gave us ArcNet errors (6901-0080). After a while we could get past the Arcnet error. However, pressing the Menu (F) button gives us the Proceeding, One Moment Please . . . (1903-0001). This will not go away. The QSS start up menu will appear and you can work through the steps, but can't complete the operation. Pressing Yes at the end still brings up the Proceeding error. Putting back the bad Printer Supply Board did not resolve the issue. 

Any suggestions? We can't get to the menu to enter Service Mode or do anything else.

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Johnson Camera said:

First, the machine was giving us errors for both the scanner filter and all 3 MLVA filters. We found that we didn't have 36V and replaced the Printer Power Supply. This fixed the filter error but immediately gave us ArcNet errors (6901-0080). After a while we could get past the Arcnet error. However, pressing the Menu (F) button gives us the Proceeding, One Moment Please . . . (1903-0001). This will not go away. The QSS start up menu will appear and you can work through the steps, but can't complete the operation. Pressing Yes at the end still brings up the Proceeding error. Putting back the bad Printer Supply Board did not resolve the issue. 

Any suggestions? We can't get to the menu to enter Service Mode or do anything else.

Thanks!

Press Ctrl+Alt+"D"

1 hour ago, kodak_service said:

It's a pity.
Then 99.9% is the problem in a bad arcnet.

I still am wondering why it happened when the board was replaced. The board is on the tray that pulls out of the bottom of the machine along with the Scanner & MLVA lamp power supplies. There are no arcnet cables involved. Also, this is when the Proceeding, One Moment Please issue started.

5 minutes ago, Johnson Camera said:

I still am wondering why it happened when the board was replaced. The board is on the tray that pulls out of the bottom of the machine along with the Scanner & MLVA lamp power supplies. There are no arcnet cables involved. Also, this is when the Proceeding, One Moment Please issue started.

Then reconnect the arсnet in the computer.

7 minutes ago, kodak_service said:

Then reconnect the arсnet in the computer.

What exactly is reconnecting the arcnet in the computer? Just the fiber cables? They were never removed nor touched in any way during this board replacement.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:25 PM, kodak_service said:

Only cables. The connection deteriorates due to vibration in the housing and as the optoemitters age.

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I pulled the computer and reseated all of the expansion cards. While I had it out, I made sure that the ArcNet sockets were nice and clean. Also trimmed the ends of the fiber cables using the correct trimmer. 

1 hour ago, Johnson Camera said:

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I pulled the computer and reseated all of the expansion cards. While I had it out, I made sure that the ArcNet sockets were nice and clean. Also trimmed the ends of the fiber cables using the correct trimmer. 

Are you still getting the 6901-0080 error when the machine boots up?

Have you checked the image processing PCB and the fibre optic cables going into the image processing PCB?

On 8/31/2020 at 7:24 PM, Dave S said:

Are you still getting the 6901-0080 error when the machine boots up?

Have you checked the image processing PCB and the fibre optic cables going into the image processing PCB?

I am still getting the 6901-0080 error. I have not yet checked the Image Processing PCB connectors since none of the work performed was anywhere close to that section.

16 hours ago, Johnson Camera said:

I am still getting the 6901-0080 error. I have not yet checked the Image Processing PCB connectors since none of the work performed was anywhere close to that section.

You have to release the cables on the left hand side near to where the image processing PCB is in order to pull the lower draw out to replace the power supply. Therefore you could have very easily disturbed the fibre optic cables going to the image processing PCB.

I'm not quite sure why you are on here asking for advice, if you are not got going to listen and take the advice that is being given.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:01 AM, Dave S said:

You have to release the cables on the left hand side near to where the image processing PCB is in order to pull the lower draw out to replace the power supply. Therefore you could have very easily disturbed the fibre optic cables going to the image processing PCB.

I'm not quite sure why you are on here asking for advice, if you are not got going to listen and take the advice that is being given.

I'm sorry if I appear difficult. I'm trying to avoid pulling the Image Processing PCB since it's a lot of work. The lower drawer pulled out without needing to release anything; that's why I'm confused. The tray was out and not reinstalled while we were replacing boards. The first board that we received was bad. A replacement board worked, but that's when the 6901 error started. During this whole time the tray was out and not moved. That's why I am questioning the need to pull the Image Processing Board. Perhaps you are confusing the Printer Power Supply that I'm working on with the Multi Power Supply that is under the Image Processing Board? I will check the fiber cables to the Image Processing Board however, since they are the only ones left that haven't been checked.

Locations copy.jpg

Anyway you need to check why have not communication between computer and image processing pcb. These boards are connected directly. When have 6901-0080 error can be bad ARCNET connection on PCI/ARCNET conversion pcb, bad ARCNET connection on image processing boards, missing power supply on image processing pcb doesn't work ( no response ) . 

Check power suppliers on image processing section boards ( image processing, image correction, digital ice ) . Try connect ARCNET cables from image processing to different connectors ( on PCI/ARCNET conversion pcb ) , cut off ends of cables ( 90 degree, use special cutter ) .

If all that will not help need reconnect ARCNET cables on image processing pcb. If will not work - try remove image correction and digital ICE pcb. If still will not work need check image processing pcb, or RAM ( if old model ) .

2 hours ago, Johnson Camera said:

I'm sorry if I appear difficult. I'm trying to avoid pulling the Image Processing PCB since it's a lot of work. The lower drawer pulled out without needing to release anything; that's why I'm confused. The tray was out and not reinstalled while we were replacing boards. The first board that we received was bad. A replacement board worked, but that's when the 6901 error started. During this whole time the tray was out and not moved. That's why I am questioning the need to pull the Image Processing Board. Perhaps you are confusing the Printer Power Supply that I'm working on with the Multi Power Supply that is under the Image Processing Board? I will check the fiber cables to the Image Processing Board however, since they are the only ones left that haven't been checked.

I know exactly where the 24V/36V power supply is located!
What I'm saying is the fibre optic cables run in the same location as those cables which had to be moved and unclipped in order to slide out the draw.

I can see 2 fibre optic cables right underneath the 2 red cables!

You don't need to remove the image processing from the machine, just remove the black cover and the black panel on the left, then you can see the image processing PCB and check if the fibre optic cables are pushed fully in.

You have no communication with the image processing PCB, so you have to check it in order to move forward and try to solve the problem.

4 hours ago, Dave S said:

You have no communication with the image processing PCB, so you have to check it in order to move forward and try to solve the problem.

I apologize profusely, there was a loose fiber cable. I was confused because you mentioned unfastening the cables and my cables are not secured (lazy previous tech?). Also, I'm old and fat and didn't want to have to get at the Image Processing Board.

Anyway, that appears to have fixed the 6901 error and again I apologize. 

Now I have to figure out why the QSSShutdown runs as the colorimeter initializes.

Edited by Johnson Camera

On 9/14/2020 at 5:20 PM, Minilab service said:

QSSShutdown starts when on COM port missing signal from UPS. Check connection on motherboard COM and on power supply.

I found a loose wire in the serial connector that plugs into the computer. Now it works fine. Thanks for all of the help everyone!