we are not experts in this technology ,and that is why i have posted this as in the past i have found solid support , this is on a qss 32 . this machine is switched on 3 working days weekly as we are situated in a small populated place, printing is very very limited and the work it produces is mostly our pro studio work , blue laser replaced approx  2 years and 20 days ago, any info.. thank you

IMG_20200902_143107421_HDR.jpg

Had blue laser repaired for free of which we where thankful for the cooperation, received it Tuesday and installed the new laser but strange enough the yellow spikes and noise are still there, can anybody help from where to start , unfortunately there is no Noritsu tech here..attached find images, not the right time to through money ..away tks for any suggestions

Blue LASER REPLACEMENT.jpg

I would say the replacement Blue laser is bad, it looks like it's generating loads of noise.

It could maybe be a faulty Laser control PCB, but less likely.

With the AOM driver connected back as normal, If you operate the blue laser in output check is the pollygon mirror frequency stable at 1380 or does it remain at 0?

It you create a print on the PC with say a magenta and cyan square on a white background, does it print normally?

You can use in MS paint on the Noritsu PC if you like!

when you say laser control pcb , you mean the one the cable connector is attached with, the board at the side of the printer ?? is there a way to test it please ?when installing the dot was not sharp but leaving the gate guide path was sharp and strong. Meanwhile i thank you for your support.

There should not be any exposure from the blue laser when printing a cyan and magenta only picture.

When you unplug the AOM there is no blue exposure so the blue laser is being given the signal to expose.

I would try another laser control PCB, it could well be the cause of the problem.

Maybe try printing your images again from above, with the blue BNC plug disconnected to see if you get a good cyan and magenta print. Obviously if you try to print anything that needs yellow it will become blue!

Edited by Dave S

Attached same images printed with Blue AOM unplugged, when you said laser control pcb ..which is it the small board at the side or the large board on top the laser ??thanks once again we are getting somewhere

0051_001.jpg

Ok, that is what I would expect to see, so it does seem as if the laser control PCB is giving out a bad signal on the blue channel.

The Laser control PCB is the large board that sits on top of the laser,

Another test, connect the blue AOM back and swap the green and blue output BNC plugs around with each other on the laser control PCB, what I think will happen is you will now get prints with lots of magenta noise instead. Lets try and see.

thank you, just to confirm , after conecting Blue AOM , now i go to the Laser Control PCB (The Big one on top the Laser) and switch output connector B & G ... right ( with electronics i am very cautious ) THANK YOU for your patience

Yes that is correct.

You can also try still with the green and blue switched, but this time the Green BNC wire disconnected to see if you get a good yellow square instead of magenta from your earlier test prints.

This will hopefully test if the blue laser is operating normally or not.

Edited by Dave S

switched B & G as suggested, could not print multi patches ... ERROR 6703 Synchronous error, printed separate patches y m c and this was the result , only one can see different lines,

all aom plugged in , any suggestions thanks 

ganb switchedrs.jpg

{green and blue switched, but this time the Green BNC wire disconnected to see if you get a good yellow square instead of magenta from your earlier test prints}

This i did not try since i got that error and the above results , should i try it???

The machine is a bit too clever! I forgot when it doesn't see the green laser beam it attempts to make a pure green print, by activating the Red and Blue lasers.

I wanted to get the machine to output to the blue laser from the green channel, unfortunately this is not going to be possible due the machine detecting not seeing the laser beam and doing stuff we don't want it to do.

I think all you can do is get your laser control PCB tested on another machine to see if it is good or not, if it works well on another machine the problem will be with the Blue laser, if you get the same yellow patterning on another machine from your laser control PCB, you will know the laser control PCB is faulty.

Edited by Dave S

First i want to thank you for your help and prompt reply, unfortunately there are 2 printers of this model bought together at the same time but on different islands of which he would not be that ready to try... on his machine,my options are : to find a  place in eu that i can ship and have it tested... do you know please of a company ?? : buy a second hand one : or scrap the machine to buy a small fuji or epson inkjet, as i have already spent 394 euro to have the laser repaired in shipping costs and customs. 🤕 ..thank you all for your support while  looking forward for any info..