tibi500cid

QSS-3211SM Daily setup sometimes green or magenta

Hello Everyone,

Sometimes the first daily setup is very green or very magenta.

I would like to have a better and simpler solution than reinstalling everything from scratch.

How could I erase the memory of the various components in our QSS-3211 SM minilab without reinstalling?

If I don't read that setup with the colorimeter but switch off the whole system, switch it on again than the daily setup is grey and everything is OK for the whole day.

Next day is sometimes grey and everything is OK, but sometimes it's not OK or at the third day it's very green or magenta again. Then I don't put it into the colorimeter but switch off everything and back on a little later and for the day eveything is fine. If I would read that daily setup then it takes 6-7 takes to correct it to grey.

I know I could reinstall everything. But I don't want to.

I have been told that some memory somewhere in the system needs to be erased and that can only be done with a clean reinstall.

Don't want that.

Is there any other way to force the deletion of that misterious memory?

All helps are appreciated.

Laser has been repaired 1 year ago, it should last 5 more years.

And the photos are correct.

What do You mean the "G leaser has not stability"?

Can we return to the original question, how to do a memory reset without reinstall?

If you have instability ( sometimes very green and sometimes very magenta ) then something should be faulty. It can cause AOM driver, AOM crystal, laser head, or laser control pcb.

Might be, that laser head at the startup doesn't work well. After that it is stabilized and works. To say more need laser type. You didn't tell it.

To restore settings need load backup. Can load for whole minilab, or only backup for laser. Also can run software from HD ( for laser ) .To do all that need go into service mode. Use daily password calculators to find password. 

53 minutes ago, tibi500cid said:

Does this help to identify the laser?

IMG_20191014_100512.jpg

No that's just the serial number.

Go to the system version check display and check the values displayed for laser.

52 minutes ago, tibi500cid said:

What does this DATA INITIALIZATION do?

data.jpg

Data initialization will wipe all the settings in the machine, It will not delete the system software though.

If you do this, the machine will be unusable until either the data is loaded back, or every single setting in the machine is manually adjusted and set up again.

It's very rare that data initialisation is ever required.

In you case of the prints going green/magenta I'm 100% sure it will not help.

9 minutes ago, Dave S said:

Data initialization will wipe all the settings in the machine, It will not delete the system software though.

If you do this, the machine will be unusable until either the data is loaded back, or every single setting in the machine is manually adjusted and set up again.

It's very rare that data initialisation is ever required.

In you case of the prints going green/magenta I'm 100% sure it will not help.

OK, but the prints are OK after we perfomr the daily setup, only the first daily setup print is green or magenta.

It's probably related to temperature, in the morning the machine is cold, as it warms up it starts to work normally.

If you are 100% sure the AOM driver you fitted is good, I would say the most likely cause is the laser head itself, it could also be the AOM crystal or very possibly the Laser driver PCB or Laser Control PCB.

On the back of the daily setup print (if you have a working backprinter) will be printed the laser unit temperature and the printer temperature.

A700XXXX on QSS 32 is B1 type laser unit. The same you see on software version check ( 1.089 X1 B1 ) . B1 laser heads do not have internal software. There just driver and laser head.
To make sure, that AOM driver really is good you can switch G channel AOM with other channel ( R, or B ) . If after that see instability on Green - Magenta then you know that it was not AOM driver.

Try to make software upgrade from HD and load laser data ( from backup, when all worked ) . Then you can be sure that it is not some hardware problem.  

5 minutes ago, Minilab service said:

Try to make software upgrade from HD and load laser data ( from backup, when all worked ) . Then you can be sure that it is not some hardware problem.  

OK, but how to do that exactly? I don't have a upgrade version of the Noritsu software. I have ALL DATA and SERVICE DATA saved on HD. Is that it?

To upgrade software go into service mode. Then select upgrade from HD, There select laser and upgrade it.

To read laser settings from backup go into service mode. Then go to menu, where can read service data. Then select laser. Then press F and instead floppy disk select HD. Then you can read laser backup loaded on HD C. Laser data backup is on service data.

Edited by Minilab service

It turns out it was the green AOM after all.

You were right.

We just could not believe it.

We put a good AOM into it and it lasted 2 weeks. And we did not assume that the new AOM was bad.

So after we tried everything, we put another new AOM (green) into the machine and everything is fine now.

Thanks for the help!

You were right all along! 😀