Sign in to follow this  
Treklof

Sp2000 Standalone software help

I'm a big beginner with these kind of scanners. I already looked at different topics, but i'm still not really sure if i get it. Would love to get some help!

I've got a sp2000 without server pc and without software cd's, but I would love to get it running standalone. The scanner pc is running 7.7-0E-300. I understand that this isn't the correct version to run the scanner in standalone mode? Which version do i need? I also read that I would be needing c4/c5 on both scanner and server pc. What does this software do?

On scanner computer go to Installation Information Setup menu ( 41F ) . If you have possibility for Output Device select "OFF" then you can use this software to run stand alone. Usually on A1 7.7 are three options - ON, F25 and FMPC. So scanner has not possibility to work stand alone ( without printer, or FMPC ) .
"OFF" option have A1 version 5.0 and few other versions. Need to install them.
C4/C5 should be already installed on scanner. Here this software used to receive files from server, or send scanned images to server.
On server need to install C4/C5. There it will be server, picture processing, management interface. The latest C4/C5 version is 5.5-0E-976. It is designed to work on Windows XP, but perfectly works on W7 32 bit.
On scanner and server can be used optional FDIA software modules. Usually on scanner already installed few of them ( for example B1 - Variety Print Software ) .

To run stand alone SP2000 also can be used FE software ( on server S2 for Frontier 350/370 ) . Then optional modules will be from FE.

Also can be used MS01 software ( on scanner and server ) . If to use Frontman on scanner can install optional module ( MS11 for SP2000 ) . On scanner and server can be used optional MS software modules. On scanner can be used only Windows NT ( the latest service pack - SP-6a ) .  On server Windows version depends on MS01 version used there. Can be Windows XP, W7 32 bit, or W10 64 bit.

On FE and MS can scan in  tif. Scanning quality depends on scanner adjustments - not on software. With all software you have the same resolution. Probably on your scanner installed A1 and C4/C5. If do not want change anything then on server need use C4/C5. 
If you have not OFF option you need change system software. I know how to reinstall all correctly and do not loose scanner settings. Also can explain how install server and register your scanner, services and all other. Write private message, if need any help.

A1 is scanner system software. You need it with all software. On scanner can be installed MS11 for SP2000, but it is only optional ( if want scan using Frontman ) .

C4/C5 server has not .tif scanning option. This option have FE and MS01.Write private message, if need any help.