Sign in to follow this  
Fototech

Frontier 550 conversion

CP-49E used on 550 is fast RA4 process. Processing time - 19 sec, 19 sec, 17 sec and temperatures 43, 40, 45 degrees. So do not know, which conversion you are talking about ( from RA4 to RA4 ) . Of course impossible to use standard RA4 process, where one tank processing is about 45 sec.

It is not necessary to buy cartridges from Fuji. Can use cartridges made by many other companies - Tetenal, Cpak, Agfa, Fuji, Kodak, Axel color, Lucky and some other. 

It is possible to fill cartridge yourself, but do not think, that will be many times cheaper. Can be used fast process chemicals, where BF has two parts. Might be would be possible to use  EnviroPrint K15 Developer MP90 and EnviroPrint Bleach-Fix 70 AC ( part A and B ) . Their processing time and temperatures are similar with CP-49E, but they will cost more than cartridge bought from other maker.

I found only one chemicals with similar processing times, but if to buy them from Fuji will be more expensive if to buy cartridge from cheaper companies.
Fuji 550 has replenishment tanks ( where stored mixed chemicals ) . Just need to find what to fill there and need bypass E-2657 , E-2658 , E-2659 , E-2663 , E-2664 , E-2664 errors ( accumulated output amount errors ) .
More easy to fill these chemicals into empty cartridge and seal holes. So if you have chemicals where processing time CD 19 sec,  BF 19 sec and BF has two parts - just do it.

No. From my experiment I found RA4 Process chemical of FUJI is going damage within 3/4 days on above 40 degree temperature. Sorry for my bad english.