Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Barría

Gretag Personal One

Personal One is not minilab model. Exact model should be on label. For example on San Marco Imaging Personal Pro 312 is written "Personal Plus". Do not remember on which minilab model written "Personal One".

It is some very old analog minilab made by San Marco Imaging. On minilab should be label, where should be exact minilab number. San Marco Imaging Personal series has these models :
San Marco Imaging Personal Lab 308
San Marco Imaging Personal Pro 308
San Marco Imaging Personal Lab 31
San Marco Imaging Personal Pro 312

On minilab can be written other names ( Personal Plus, Personal Studio, Personal One and etc ) .

It should be older - made about 1990 - 1992. The latest Gretag ( San Marco ) minilabs where made about 2000 year and they where digital. On 2002 Gretag Imaging group got bankruptcy.

Most these minilabs already scrapped. About 10 yeas ago company where I worked throw out all these minilab parts and manuals. Manuals where printed. Do not think, that .pdf manuals exist ( unless someone scanned them ) .

Edited by Minilab service

Yes i usually had gretag in my studio. Performa vario 1012, Netprinter 812 and Masterplus. That was a terrible experience cause after the bankrupt of San Marco (in 2008 i think) it was very difficult to find parts and technicians. If someone needs i still have the manuals and installation CD and ZIP floppy somewhere for this models.

You had newer minilabs, than minilab from picture. San Marco Imaging Personal series minilabs where made about 1990 - 1992 .

San Marco Imaging Performa Vario 1012 also is analog minilab. It is the last analog minilab from this company. This model could have CRT option to print digital photo ( 10 x 15 ) and CCD with monitor to make index print. From film minilab could print 30х45. It is something like Noritsu QSS26.

Gretag NetPrinter 812 is digital printer with FOCRT ( made by Sienna imaging - company from USA) . It was good printer, which could make high resolution prints ( 500 dpi ) . Maximal size - 30x45. Minilab is something like Noritsu QSS2301 HRCRT . There was the same print engine made by Sienna imaging .

Gretag Master Plus digital 1008 is digital printer, which has built in film processor. It is latest minilab model. To print photo used light array and light source ( lamp ) . Can print 20x30. Similar technology used on Noritsu QSS27 and QSS29 ( minilabs with MLVA ) , but there can print 30x45.

Gretag begin insolvency at the end of 2002 and finished at 2003. San Marco Imaging was part of Gretag, so they got bankruptcy together. Gretag had plans to sell SMI, but didn't find buyer. 

Yes i printed the first digital images with Performa Vario, they had a very bad quality. Netprinter had a good quality and i think good quality parts as well, it didnt make me crazy and i didnt need to call technicians a lot of times. Masterplus was newer, so better print quality and a great software, but i think it was made with very cheap parts. I got broken parts inside the rack monthly, 3 times engine broken, the foam rubber rolls inside the heater completely ruined after 2 years. Sorter and Pumps broken after 1 year. A paper distribution belt often falled down.The mirrors system inside was called SPES and if i remember well was made by an American company. So I got the belt of Spes broken, the technician needs 2 days for replaced it. If you needed to reinstall the software you must had all the parts working, if not the installation was aborted. It was a nightmare, but it reached almost 2.000.000 prints. you remember wich kind of film scanner was plugged in?

On 11/14/2020 at 5:35 AM, Rourke84 said:

Omg is it still working??  I think this model was made in 1995

If we find this minilab saved 0 km, the only problem all the rollers of the dryer were waste and it does not have manuals and does not have the calibration negatives

On 11/14/2020 at 5:52 AM, Minilab service said:

It should be older - made about 1990 - 1992. The latest Gretag ( San Marco ) minilabs where made about 2000 year and they where digital. On 2002 Gretag Imaging group got bankruptcy.

Most these minilabs already scrapped. About 10 yeas ago company where I worked throw out all these minilab parts and manuals. Manuals where printed. Do not think, that .pdf manuals exist ( unless someone scanned them ) .

We hope to get manuals to even get the urge to print negatives, use other analog minilabs kodak 40 (copal) and Noritsu.

Asi se recibio esta joya de los 90 creo,,,, ahora pude tirar unas muestras con los datos básicos de la tarjeta,no tenemos los elementos de calibracion ni manuales por lo que recurrimos a probar con datos de corrección manuales agregando Y4M1 D-4  y logramos  la siguiente muestra .NECESITAMOS UN MANUAL ORIENTATIVO 

El señor 

juancarlos.cuadrado@smie-grp.com           nos facilito manuales del 740 pero se parecen en muy pocas cosas 

Espero alguien pueda tener algo de esta maquina Muchisimas Gracias  saludos desde -Patagonia Argentina

1 hour ago, Alberto Barría said:

We hope to get manuals to even get the urge to print negatives, use other analog minilabs kodak 40 (copal) and Noritsu.

If the problem it's just the rollers you are lucky.  it's very easy to replaced them, but i think it's not easy to find.

Do not understand, what you wrote on message with video. On your video is Gretag Masterone 160. Similar minilab is Gretag MasterOne 180. They are the oldest minilab models. Can print only 10 x 15. Minilabs are very old and I didn't see them.

Edited by Minilab service

The video shows the state of the equipment, it was stored and was never used, only the dryer rollers were in very bad condition, we need data to make it work, the equipment started, prints, we lack details of how its calibration works We do not have any tools for it, the densitometer is in the negative holder, and by comparison it is very possible that its operation is similar to the masteflex 740.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:53 PM, Rourke84 said:

If the problem it's just the rollers you are lucky.  it's very easy to replaced them, but i think it's not easy to find.

It is true, they were like gum, and they are not available and we replaced them with paint rollers and hair rollers, which women wear

Didn't see MasteFlex 740 .
With 740 know only MasterLab 740 and MasterLab 740 + .
Masterflex know only MasterFlex A 1012 ( MasterFlex analog 1012 ) and MasterFlex D 1008 ( MasterFlex digital 1008 ) .

I have all manuals for MasterLab 740 + . The same manuals are for 120 +, 140 +, 220 +, 240 +, 320 +, 340 +, 520 +, 740 +.