Sign in to follow this  
Quantenhorst

Error (221) Error occured during downloading the GMB

Hey! 

Trying a fresh install of A1. Scanner is connected, driver pre-installed. Build is a custom OptiPlex with PCI-E firewire card. The installation gets stuck at 'Transfering control software ..' aborting with the error code (221). Any ideas? Also tried installing MS11, get the same error (code 211 respectively). 

Ratoc PCIFW4 would be fine. The same board used inside image box. If Ratoc PCIFW4 is from Fuji need slightly modify it ( to have correct scanner power management ) . If have not PCI slot use some older motherboard. Original Toshiba computers are old, so use similar age motherboard.
Toshiba PE55204PFF31 - motherboard SHU-7551, chipset i845E + 82801DB , CPU Pentium 4 2.40GHz Socket 478, 2 x 512 MB RAM
Toshiba PE55134PFF11 - motherboard SHU-9234, chipset i915G + 82801FB , CPU Pentium 4 3.40GHz Socket 775, 2 x 512 MB RAM

To make sure, that scanner works use older computer ( just for test ) and Ratoc PCIFW4. When you can install A1 ( the latest 1.8-0E-016 ) , or MS11 ( the latest 2.0-0E-030 )  , load backup and see, that software works perfectly then use the same version to install on new computer ( with firewire on PCI-E ) . Now you do not know what doesn't work - scanner ( image box ) , or computer ( firewire card, or some other hardware ) .

UPDATE: 

Instead of a fresh installed OS I now tried a backup from another scanner with MS01/MS11 pre-installed. 

Pointed the Hardware Wizard to the scanner driver, re-boot and two errors: X-4299 and E-4213 followed by a freeze of the system. 

I know that X is software related, so I upgraded the boards to the same version of MS11 with my original Toshiba connected. The next time I booted, error X-4299 was gone. Leaving only E-4213 'Downloading of the red eye correction data failed'. Not able to re-install, because I still get the very same error 211. I thought it should work the way I intended, because there would still be error X-4299 if the computer couldn't detect the scanner and its software version. Also tried uninstalling S12. No change. 

Am I missing something? 

Edited by Quantenhorst

Yes, E-4213 is software problem. Usually have this message, when box and computer software is different. 

X-4229 means software error occurred.  E-4213 means downloading of the red eye correction data failed. The parameter file does not exist in the hard disk of the main control unit. Can be that file was deleted by mistake (such as power OFF during writing) , or is missing at all ( when on computer no red eye option at all ) . Also can be faulty hard disk in main control unit, but it is not your situation.

If on your restored image file and on image box is the same software version then connection between computer and image box is bad. Can be problem with new computer ( chipset, work few processor cores, missing or wrong drivers and etc ) , not compatible firewire card ( too new, or not supported by software chipset ) , wrong firewire board driver, or some other problem.

SP3000 perfectly works with not original computers, but need choose correct computer configuration and drivers.