Lucaslf

Which Dry Lab to Choose - Help

23 hours ago, hivanov said:

@Lucaslf It seems quite misunderstanding is going on here. In order to give you  the right advise we will need right info regarding you final products. 

All above mentioned printers are designed to work with standard sizes like - 3R - 89x127mm, 4R - 102x152 mm, 5R - 127x178 mm etc 6R, 8R all those numbers before R are fixed widths(in inches ) - it means that the printer can print only with fixed withs rolls and flexible lengths that user can define in certain min-max borders length for the printer. If you are ok for your costumers to choose from any of those predefined sizes - then you are good to go. Just choose machine with sorter unit for your convenience. All dedicated softwares has order control module with various settings - including to hold certain order if dedicated paper width is not installed in to the machine in the current time and many more.

If your job demands prints outside standard sizes then this technology is not for you.

Hi mate thanks for your answer

Yeah it makes sense and the answer is yes, will be std sizes. One question. Lets say I have a 5R - 127 mm roll loaded in the printer, that means I can print wherever length I want to, right? 

23 hours ago, Rourke84 said:

What?? Are you going to cut 15.000 prints with the trimmer?? It's better you buy more printers and load  different size of papers. 3 printers are enough (5", 6" with you can print 4*6 as well, and 8") I actually have 10 DX100 (2 broken) loaded 4" glossy, 4" matte, 5"glossy, 5"matte, 6"glossy, 6"matte, 8"glossy, 8" matte. Btw if costumers have a lot of photos to print and they dnt need immediately i send to print in Lab for dont ruin the printhead.For higher size i have Canon Pro 300 (it's A3+ so you need to use trimmer for get 30*40 and 30*45)

Hey mate yeah that makes sense

What are your thoughts on the DX100? Would you recommend it (would be the DE100 I would be getting)? If you were to start with 2 of them, would you rather go with a DL650 or similar dual rolls or 2 DE100? Cheers

18 hours ago, Minilab service said:

Epson SL-D3000  DR, Fuji DL600 and DL650 have the same print speed - 650 prints. It is the same printer, so can't be different. On DL650 was typing error. Someone instead 6 pressed 9. If you look on DL600 specification there all correctly ( 650 prints ) .

As I told before Epson SL-D3000  DR and Fuji DL650 is absolutely the same printer., so print speed can't be different. DL600 is the same printer also - just removed one color ( element from head and cartridge.

On all these printers used ink cartridges made by Epson. Fuji branded cartridges have Epson codes, but can buy them only from Fuji.
SL-D3000 
Black C13T710100
Cyan  C13T710200
Magenta  C13T710300
Yellow   C13T710400
Light Cyan C13T710500
Light Magenta C13T710600

DL650 
Black C13T652110
Cyan C13T652210
Magenta C13T652310
Yellow C13T652410
Sky Blue C13T652810
Pink C13T652910

DL600 
Black C13T652110
Cyan C13T652210
Magenta C13T652310
Yellow C13T652410
Light Blue C13T652510

On these drylabs can be loaded two papers ( different size, or surface ) so the same time can print on both of them. If need difference width paper - you need change it. It can do quite fast. Would be more comfortable, than to cut all photo. From all rolls can choose length, which you need. If need paper width can be photo length and paper length can be width on photo. For example on 152 mm width paper can print 152 x 102, 152 x 203 , 152 x 210 and many other.  

Hi mate thanks for clarifying the printer output, I would otherwise believe on the 950 prints/h and thanks for the explanation. 

What would you recommend me (in terms of price, quality, capacity and so on), starting with 2  DE100/DL800 or going with a DL650 or similar dual rolls? Cheers

DX100 sometimes is very awful, clogged often. The secret is always leave it ON and print print print. 1 day stopped without  printing can clog the ph. There are lucky and unlucky printers, sometimes i changed PH at 15.000 prints. Btw DX100 is not producted anymore by Fujifilm and a lot of users said that DE100 is better (better quality parts that last more time and free from errors). 

First time hear about DL800. I know only Epson SL-D800 ( in Australia it is SL-D860 ) . SL-D800 is just slightly modified Epson SL-D700 ( the same Fuji DX100 ) . The most parts on both models ( cheap, but not reliable print head, pump which fails often and etc ) .

Fuji DE100 just looks similar, but inside is absolutely different printer. DE100 made using Ricoh print head ( similar used on industrial printers ) . Printer not related to Epson at all. There used Fuji, Ricoh and Xerox technologies.

Yes, if to use small printers ( Epson SL-D800, or Fuji DE100 ) then need to buy few printers. On printers will be loaded different papers, so photo from one order will be printed on different printers. Printers do not have sorters, so pictures need to sort manually.   

On SL-D3000 DR , Fuji DL650, DL600 can load two paper rollers, so do not need to change parer very often. Fuji printers have sorters. On SL-D3000 DR sorter is optional ( Epson p.n. C12C815401 ) . Also can be used long print stacker ( C12C890851 ) . On these printers orders will be sorted automatically. On these printers can be changed one print head element. Of course not officially, because Epson and Fuji sell only print head units ( with 6, or 5 elements ) . These printers have more parts, so service not easy as it is on small simple printers. Also these printers more expensive.

Only you know what you need and can choose yourself.

14 hours ago, Rourke84 said:

DX100 sometimes is very awful, clogged often. The secret is always leave it ON and print print print. 1 day stopped without  printing can clog the ph. There are lucky and unlucky printers, sometimes i changed PH at 15.000 prints. Btw DX100 is not producted anymore by Fujifilm and a lot of users said that DE100 is better (better quality parts that last more time and free from errors). 

actually. dx100 or sld700 is very robust printer....the secret are, always clean that dumping pad (i don't know what is name), the pad where PH rested, always keeps that clean,  and never use power clean more than once. i've seen a lot Sld700 PH last more than 50k prints, and one customer never had to do any cleaning in a year..yes some parts are cheap and easyli dails, but again,they are cheap and easy to find and replace...keeping printer always on ? thst's a bad idea i think, ours always turn off every day and turn it on again the next day and it's fine

56 minutes ago, FUJI-MEDIA said:

Windex? You mean window cleaner? 

How often do you do that?

How do I park the head elsewhere for such cleaning?

i clean it once a month, clean all pad, rubber arround pad and wiper blade, use q tip or printer cleaner tip, drop the solution with pipet or syringe, i prefer pipet (you can get it from drugstore)

to release PH u canuse maintenance software or with harsh way, do Automatic Nozzle Check, when the PH move to the other side, unplug the power cable

Edited by purnomosetiawan