Paper difference tone

eltroca

Hello, I am looking for some help related to difference in the results of printing the same picture in 2 different paper size form the same brand... FUJI. I am printing the same BW picture in a Frontier 340 and one has a warmer kast than the other. I have run the condition setup for both magazines and even there you can see a difference between this two magazines!

Please, any advise in what the problem could be will be of great help as I am new on the business.

Thanks

In your menus look for 'Paper Magazine Setup' .  Check the lookup table selected for each of the magazines. They are identified with a letter code, and they should be the same.  Which letter is correct for the paper you are using varies, so you should contact your paper distributor for the right letter.  If they are set the same but the color is still different it could also be caused by the age and storage conditions of the paper.  Sometimes we see a paper size that runs a little magenta due to age, especially if it is an unpopular size and may have been sitting in a warehouse for a long time.  The paper packaging is marked with an emulsion code that is 6 digits long (usually with a hyphen in the middle).  The important part is the first 3 digits, if they are quite far apart between the two papers that would indicate one is much older than the other.

Thanks ghn5ue! It seems it is a problem related to the age of the paper, because in the setup, both are set with the same letter (H) and for what I heard, the supplier has big stocks of paper at their warhorse so it is a possibility.

I will check for the numbers you mentioned from know on to assure a more even result.

Thanks again!