Frontier 370 . stripes and error E-2529...

OtroMar

Hi, apologies for my english, I live in Argentina, and I have a frontier 370

For weeks appears for time to time some stripes, then disappear

yesterday appear a error E-2529 (star of scanning) error and the only way to print is reboot all system

After that all the photos appear with stripes like show the example

I switch the AOMs drivers, but the problem go on, rotate de memory card in printer but nothing. The stripes with white background are mostly Light Blue but with a image of background the lines change of color and change the length too

The stripes are perpendicular (right angle) to movement

When the error 2529 apears, in printer LCD show "E-2529 laser unit"   :(

virus in PIC or DIC ?

AOM driver died ?

laser unit died ?

Is posible to open laser unit and proof/switch something ?

Can anybody give me ideas to proof ?

Thanks in advance

Martín.-

Ok, i switch RAMs again but without diferent results... I start with just one RAM and the strips continue...

I dont have other RAMs to replace old with news...

Now, sometimes, apear a new problem, a part of paper apear blank (show example) ... and i suspect in a mechanical problem. wath you think ?

There is my only printer, and there is no many without printer... :(

Thanks to your response Eugene !

First you need to do:

1.Check the position of the mirror. If this look well and firmly fixed in its position go next:

ME : The mirror is a triangular rotating mirror inside of laser unit ???     oook, i try to check this

2. Swap RED AOM driver with to GREEN AOM driver. Such way you will find out if your R AOM driver working or not. If you swapped it and have no error - your R AOM driver is defective and needs to be replaced.

ME : i swap R and G and the stripes continues and the error 2529 too

Then, i have a question :

Having swap the drivers R and G and no changes, I check the mirror or finally is a laser unit fault ???

Wath you think about the white area in the last example ?

Thanks in advance

Martin.-

• 2 months later...

Ok, resuming :

--Stripes appear time to time, then appear in all prints and error e2529 appear ...

--I disconect and reconect all boards, and 4 weeks (yes, four), one day the stripes and error disapear (in this days i think the solution was a check of power supply done by power supply provider)

--normally print about 5 weeks (some stripes time to time, really a few)

--again, stripes in a 90% of prints, error e-2529 ..... (may 4)

--still trying to find a solution ...

-- in all cases the stripes are not in 100% of prints, some few prints results ok. also varies lenght and place into paper

-- for my is rare the goor working period of 5 weeks between fails ...

--change to 3 fase power supply to discard power problem, no change

--open, cleaning power supply of printer, check al voltage without power and with power (just a voltimeter, not oscilloscope) and everything ok

--power off sp 2000 and print calibration cart and grids from printer keyboard : stripes in both (grid stored in fmb20 -ram-, calibration not stored in fmb20 -ram-), then discard fmb20 problem

some ideas :

flat cable between clp20 and fmc20 ?

some other cable ?

some pump or electric-valve or motor with ground problems ?

coax cable no so god ?

what else ?

thanks in advance, Martin ...

• 5 years later...
On 3/3/2012 at 3:39 PM, OtroMar said:

Hi, apologies for my english, I live in Argentina, and I have a frontier 370

For weeks appears for time to time some stripes, then disappear

yesterday appear a error E-2529 (star of scanning) error and the only way to print is reboot all system

After that all the photos appear with stripes like show the example

I switch the AOMs drivers, but the problem go on, rotate de memory card in printer but nothing. The stripes with white background are mostly Light Blue but with a image of background the lines change of color and change the length too

The stripes are perpendicular (right angle) to movement

When the error 2529 apears, in printer LCD show "E-2529 laser unit"   :(

virus in PIC or DIC ?

AOM driver died ?

laser unit died ?

Is posible to open laser unit and proof/switch something ?

Can anybody give me ideas to proof ?

Thanks in advance

Martín.-

• 1 year later...

You have not red laser output on synchronization sensor. Can be not working AOM driver, laser unit, CTL, FMA or FMC board. Error E-2529 means SOS detection failed. Start of scanning not detected. It can cause connection error or disconnection between OPT3 on laser unit and FMC4 on FMC20 circuit board ( connect harness correctly, or repair it. ) , connection error of connector OPT3J on the bottom side of laser unit ( connect connector properly or replace laser unit ) , R-AOM coaxial cable connection error or disconnection ( connect cable correctly or replace it ) , R-AOM driver malfunction ( replace R-AOM driver ) , connection error or disconnection between FMC5 on FMC20 circuit board and AOM driver ( connect cable correctly or replace it ) , abnormal data of optical parameter of detecting interval and level ( on menu 45G, check that “1465” is set to “interval” and “127” to “level”. If not, download data on menu 45U. If data is not corrected, replace CTL20 circuit board ) , tripped CP1 on FMC20 circuit board ( repair short circuit and depress white button on CP1 ) .