Fujifilm Dl 430 2 questions

bdim

Hi

I am an owner of a Fujifilm Dl 430 Dry mini lab.

I have 2 quesitons:

1) How can i calculate the actual print cost (paper + ink)  on a 4x6 (10x15) photo?  I measured that with 1 roll of paper (100m) it can print  979  4x6 photos... and Paper cost/photo  is  0.038 euro (Paper roll cost is 37.5 euro). But how can i add the ink cost so i have a total cost?

2) I would like to know what kind of UPS i should buy in order to protect the printer.

Regards...

It is impossible to accurately determine the actual print cost of an inkjet lab because no 2 prints use exactly the same amount of ink. Manufacturers tend to be over optimistic about the cost of ink per print so it may be a good idea to determine your average ink cost per print over a period of time.

What is also very important to consider are overhead costs (time & money spent on maintenance, operator's wages, rent etc.) as these often make a much bigger impact on your margins especially if you operate on a smaller turnover.

As for a UPS, it's best to contact the manufacturer of your equipment.

Hope this helps.

I thought to do this:

When i ll change each ink, to keep a log of the total prints till next replacement.

Next i ll calculate  the total print area   and make an approximate calculation....  to have an average...  i know that it will be painful but is it a "right" way?

If someone here, did this, i would appreciate to post his results here...

• 10 months later...

I have just seen this.

I can vouch for Errol. top bloke and his Dad makes great tea.  We are hoping to get a 410 from Errol in next few weeks with a mind to get a 2nd in August.

We worked out that 6x18in print would cost us 32p to make. But we use 30% ink as all white back ground for schools work.

I would recomend Europa.

The prices I got from Fuji when i looked at  the machine are approx

6x4 .........7p

7x5 .........10p

6x4 .........25p

So working it out 18x6 is about 32p

Regards

Daryl

Thanks everyone that helps glad a few people have dealt with and know europa as I'm looking at them at the moment. I still need an idea of cost/print 10" x 8" and 12" x 8" with 70% coverage at the minimum if anyone can help i know the original poster said he was going to work it out, did you get some figures in the end?

Also for an inkjet printer costing less than £1000 what is the fastest on the market does any one know, ive tried the new lomond but its quality is still below par and it does not like 250 GSM gloss paper, any others anyone can suggest?

what is the fastest colour photo high quality inkjet printer in the consumer market?

Doh!! it says 6x4 twice.. sorry

6x4 .........7p

7x5 .........10p

10x8 .........25p

So working it out 18x6 is about 32p

But as 90% of our work is white background we only use 30% to 50% ink coverage  . It will only be a few pence more.  Not even worth worrying about you now have a ball park figure.

Regards

Daryl

Cheers Daz that helps mate, so probs looking around the 30p mark, just working it out as i use an online at present and they are very competitive but ideally i want to bring everything in house.

anyone have idea on inkjets that are in the lower price range bracket (less than £1000) looking for speed and quality (medium end quality will suffice). i currently use MG range from canon at very low end price but they run at super low costs but the speed is the issue (currently runs about 2 min/sheet for an 80% - 90% coverage full colour print on 250 GSm gloss photo paper)