Software for building up a DI for SP-3000(C4/C5)

PCChen

Hello all,

I am about to build a DI with C4/C5 for SP-3000, in order to save scanning result as bmp/jpg files.

To thank ABDUL QUDDUS for posting step by step procedures in a previous thread, but how to get these proprietary software is still the biggest problem.

1. Adaptec EZ SCSI ver 5.0:

Where can I download it? Do I really need this even if I don't burn discs?

(Sorry,I've tried, but it's a software released on 2001 and has already been removed from official site)

2. C4/C5 patch for Windows XP and Multi DIC patch file.

Where to download these two files? Are they included in the C4/C5 latest discs?

Thank you so much.

pc chen

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I contacted a few minilab dealers and asked about installing C4/C5 on Windows XP. But non of them support the idea, let alone to provide the "patch for XP" that's mentioned in this forum.

So without getting any help from here, I finally decide to roll back to Windows 2000.

Besides, C4/C5 seems constantly being requested through out these years, but it's still hard to find any reliable download source. I finally decide to buy a disc from the dealers out there, although it will have international shipping overhead. But if you're in hurry, you can't always expect things for free.

Thank you guys.

Hello all,

By the way, my dealer claims that it's not possible to have C4/C5 work on Windows XP, it can only work on Windows 2000.

Could anyone send me the patch to try?

Thank you so much.

pc chen

• 2 months later...

Ok.. did a lot of testing on XP.. never made it work as a server..

ABDUL was saying it only works as a client on XP..

ok.. my solution..

I put VirtualMachine on a Windows 7 machine... installed 2000.. and then DI..

Now i can have that machine working in any machine inside my network.. so no more worries about losing the PC due to aged hardware.. it's fully platform portable.. :P