fjui 340 advantages

imi

hello friends ..  i want to know will you give vote for fuji 340.. i am intrested to buy the machine but before buy i want to take advices from all you friends ... is there any disadvantage in this machine regarding laser, processor, paper jam or all other things ... thanks

They are decent little machines. Nice and compact.  I have a 330 (slower version) and it's been a good machine.  Lasers don't last as long as the ones in 350s and 370s.  The simpler and slower paper processor doesn't have many issues with jams.  If you are mostly printing digital , and have the room a 370 has some advantages.  The 370 holds 2 paper magazines at once, is much faster and with the right software and an FMPC computer will be much more useable in a digital workflow.  Orders will pull through automatically if the correct paper is in the machine, you can print film and digital orders at the same time and the FMPC interface works less buggy than the 'tethered' (used for 330 and 340) interface when running the modern MS01 software.  Downside with a 370 is the big and heavy racks that need to be cleaned once a month, the complicated distributor (that runs the paper in 2 lanes through the processor increasing speed) and the much higher operating noise.  

thanks .. so lasers are issue in fuji 340 as they dnt have long life like in 370 .. i am getting two machines 340 and 370 for the same price and both are in good condition .. i checked laser working hours in 340 i.e red- 356, green- 3546 , blue 3620 while in fuji 370 red 3260 green 8853 blue 8826 ... so friends i still need your advices ... help me plz

The laser in my 330 lasted 5 years of pretty heavy usage.  I didn't take note of the hours, but the machine typically produced 2000 to 4500 prints a day.  If you search the forum you will find several threads of people with lasers failing .  It is usually the blue laser that goes first.  I wouldn't say they are a trouble spot, however.  All lasers will eventually wear out, it's just the lasers in these machines does not last as long as the 350, 370 and 390 ones.

Do not worry about Fuji fr340 laser lifetime.

Look at the laser history screen, B laser data, G laser data and error log and send it to us. We will give you approx. time of usage.

But Fuji lasers live much longer than Noritsu.

Anyway if you ever meet with laser issue- we are here. :)

It is great we have people who can fix these things now  :)  I have bought 2 lasers from Fuji, I wish I had the option to have them repaired at that time.  So Yustas, since you are very knowledgable about minilab lasers, I would like you to answer a question for me  :)  I have heard from some that Frontier lasers are firing all the time, whether there are prints being exposed or not, and I have also heard that this is not true for Frontiers, but is for Noritsu machines. Not firing would make sense to me as the laser info always lists different times for the 3 colors, if they were always firing, you would think they would be the same!

The lasers in the LP5000/5500/5700/5900 had an issue with the Blue AOM. This would cause the paper to come out with a yellow tint. You can test to see if it's the laser by loading the paper upside down. As far as I have seen, the issue does not exist on the Frontier 3XX. I'm not sure if the problem exists on the Fronter 7XX.