image shift om Frontier 390

Michaelka

Hi everybody, i urgently need your help: On Frontier 390 we have got the problem, that the image position on sheet is shifting. example you can see on the image. Its possible to adjust it, but after 500 or 1000 sheets its dissplaced again most times about 2-2,5 mm against feed direction. Until now only glossy papers are affected.

I adjusted several times but doesnt elp.

If anybody has an idea...

Thank you

If only glossy paper is affected then I might consider the paper is slipping in the rollers. It could also be the optical sensor which senses the beginning of the paper. You should thoroughly clean the whole subscanning section under the laser. Clean any paper dust and blow out the optical sensors.

Hi Kevbo, thanks for answer, i try cleaning.

But let us reflect on this: if the paper would slip in rollers in would be driven not "far enough" when laser begins to work  - so the image would have to be shifted in the feed direction - isnt it? Now paper is shifted against feed direction so paper is driven "too far", when laser begins - i hope this is understandable .

kind regards.

mk

Hi, problem is solved - it was a gap in my knowledge: I  adjusted each magazine using ...Laser sync ...position adjustment ...rough adjustment - but it is to do this only one time for all magazines, so each time when i adjust i dissembled all other magazines...so now i am more wise than befor ;-)

Thanks and kind regards

mk

DEar Michaelka,I thank you for your last reply inwitch you`ve told us,the way you`ve tackeld your problem.We,I think I may say so,do like to hear the final solution to a problem,so we can learn from it.

I hope others will follow your example and keep this forum alive.Greetings to all....and our NEIL...P.