Frontier 390 printing many lines

Alpek

Hi all!

Please anyone with knowledge about this problem assist. My Frontier 390 is printing many lines as shown on the attached photos. We tried to clean the mirrors inside the laser unit but no change. Nothing else has been attempted as the only suspicion was the dirt on the mirrors. Could it be the laser problem or something else?

Thanks for your help.

Alfred

First I would check all the belts and rollers under the laser unit (sub scanning section) It could be a flat spot on a belt or a loose flywheel. This section is responsible for the smooth movement of the paper under the laser. I am assuming these lines are perpendicular to the movement of the paper. I could be a bad motor as well.

Hi, Alfred,

See email please: I sent you the detailed explanation what to do.

By the way, ALL: he told me that "grounding" was normal.

A good example of high-frequency distortion.

The cause of it may be laser power supply or image processing PCB.

I don't believe it is laser noise or instability. It is too regular. It is too evenly spaced and seems to effect a complete scan line or 2 or 3. Laser noise is usually more random. Having said that, it is theoretically possible that if the frequency of the laser oscillations were exactly a harmonic of the main scanning frequency this phenomenon could happen.

Kevin Waller

National Laser Co.

Hi all! Many thanks for your contribution to this topic. Havinng read your different suggestions, let me try to clarify the problem further so that together we can eliminate some suspicions:

1. The lines appear on all prints i.e from film, digital media and even upkeep print for measuring the density.

2. The lines are on the whole print and in the direction contrary to the direction of the paper.

3. The grounding of power had not been checked, but am going to check and see if it could be the cause.

Thank you for additional help.

Regards,

Alfred

Hi all! Many thanks for your contribution to this topic. Havinng read your different suggestions, let me try to clarify the problem further so that together we can eliminate some suspicions:

1. The lines appear on all prints i.e from film, digital media and even upkeep print for measuring the density.

2. The lines are on the whole print and in the direction contrary to the direction of the paper.

3. The grounding of power had not been checked, but am going to check and see if it could be the cause.

Thank you for additional help.

Regards,

Alfred

I had the same problem with my frontier 330. In the sub scanning section there is a steel belt (which in the manual says should be replaced yearly or some ridiculous time) but who pays attention to that. Anyway one of the bearings that this steel belt travels over had worn and the subsequent vibration caused the lines on the prints.

Good luck with it.

Ron

• 1 month later...
I had the same problem with my frontier 330. In the sub scanning section there is a steel belt (which in the manual says should be replaced yearly or some ridiculous time) but who pays attention to that. Anyway one of the bearings that this steel belt travels over had worn and the subsequent vibration caused the lines on the prints.

Good luck with it.

Ron

Many thanks Roeakins. After a long distance transportation, the subscaning belt had gone loose and needed tensioning. All solved just like that ending a millions of worries about money spend on the machine.

Regards,

Alpek