Laser About end of its Lifetime

manager

This means that the temperature to operate the laser has risen near its max. Or its LD current has risen past the deterio current. And its current will rise until it cannot rise anymore. You might have a couple of weeks left or you might have a couple of months left. It varies from laser to laser. Look at the B-laser temperature after optimal temperature setup. It cannot go higher than 38.00 C. When it gets there you don't have much time left.

Look in the classified adds for a company to repair this for you. I think they are called National Laser Company.

It doesn't have anything to do with the filters. This is the internal temperature that the laser runs best at. As the diode laser ages its wavelength changes and the conditions for resonance change. The machine compensates for this by doing the "Optimal Temperature Setup". But it can only go so high. Once it reaches this level it must increase the diode current to still make enough power to print properly. Once the degredation gets to the point that the current can go no higher the power starts to drop. But the machine will stop operation when the current reaches its maximum limit.

About offers for parts;

I would never try to offer something that a person didn't need to the best of my knowledge. And since I have been disecting and rebuilding and replacing these laser units for 3 years now I think I know a little bit about them.

About panic messages;

Would you want me to tell you that everything is rosey even if your laser, thus your whole machine, is going to fail anyday now?

Hi,

dealing with laser related error messages are bit panic. ( because unit expensive).  i have seen many frontier with this same error message running without any problem for the last 2 years. also have seen few machines fail laser within short period after this message comes. so no one can assure when or what will be in future. but one thing sure that there is problem with B laser. also its about true that nothing can do with this error message. every time switch On machine will remind you about this. laser filters must be change in time to time to maintain proper temperature inside.

i don't know why number  of the frontier 330/340 modals have  this same B Laser error. manufacture issue??

regards,

C....R

Hi,

as far as i know  the repairing work will be done by mostly principle. i dont know any personal experiance with somebody who repairing laser units especially laser Gun replacements. and aleignments. off-course i admit that if someone have good knowledge and facility can do that. in parts manual no seperate code for laser guns. just as a whole part called optical unit.

regds

C...............R

• 3 weeks later...

The green laser requires much more current anyway. They are two different lasers. The filter mentioned above only filters air for the anti-dust shutter. It has nothing to do with laser temperature. The lasers are located in a different part of the unit. Again, please check the classified section for a company that can repair your unit for much less than the manufacturer.

Do not try to open the laser unit and change your laser gun by yourself (even if you find it somewhere - but I doubt...).

There is nothing to repair inside for the end-user.

If you break the components inside - no one of laser repair companies would give you the full warranty.

Regards,

Eugene D.

www.minilablaser.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

No, the lasers are supplied with a very stable and filtered power source. The errors you see are form the laser itself and has nothing to do with the AOM or its driver. The blue laser must be repaired, the whole unit must be sent to a capable repair facility to be properly repaired. check the classifieds for National Laser Co.