P2 Temp alway rising

Winwin

• 2 weeks later...

Check actual temperatures in P1 and P2 and compare with your settings. It is only supposed to be 0,5 centigrade between them with P1 as the higher.

There are actually one more error that could give random overheating. There are four cooling fans for the four  heaters  half way down the processor front. Check that they and their airfilter are clean and working. They are supposed to work when the corresponding heater are marked "off" and to stop when to heater are marked "on".

regards

olle

Thank you FYI. I had change SSR at P2 and CTP and Clean temperature sensor  "same fail". This problem occur about 2 days per week sometime 1 day per week.

• 2 weeks later...

dear winwin, You must be more accurate,tell us the err,nr,in future.!!!!!!!!!  I think that a clay substance that`s cloccing on the inside off heater is preventing the heat going to the BF,it will turn off all heatings.......Clean the inside of BF heater by using a (don`t know the word)round brush to clean the inside,maybe you have to loosen the element to hold it in line with the brush.Greatings P.

Hi Winwn, and hi everybody

This problem is usually associated with the safety thermostat connected to the heater which gets switched off if the temp rises past it,s cut-off point. This is to save the heater from getting too hot and potentially "burning out" As pietre48 says cleaning the heater will fix this problem. Before I clean a heater I drain the chemical from the tank first, so if I clean the  P2  heater I drain the P2 tank and keep the chemistry in a tub then put it back in when I reconnect the heater. This saves pinching pipes  and there is no chemical spilling everywhere. Take off the heater and look through the pipe section, you will see it's dirty, clean all the dirt off with a damp brush or rag. (I tie a piece of cloth to my screwdriver and pass it through the pipe) You know its clean enough when you look through the pipe up to a light and it's shiny inside.

Thought I would share this information because there have been a few posts on this issue. Also remember everybody when you ask for help to give an error number if possible and make sure you tell everybody when it's fixed HOW IT WAS FIXED! It is really frustrating when you need help to read about an issue and then the person doesn't tell everybody at the end how the problem was solved.

All the best everyone

Tech2

Hello Winwn, tech2, pietre48, and everyone else,

The buildup in the P@ heater causes a lack of heating and a resultant shut down of all the heaters. If you read the original post the problem is constant heating. It is impossible for the buildup in the heater to cause this. The buildup insulates the chemistry from the heater so that it heats up much slower and also not carrying the heat away from the heater fast enough resulting in the heater getting too hot.

The ssr for P2 controls a mechanical relay for the heater, it could be that the mechanical relay is sticking closed.

Try swapping the mechanical relay for P1 and P2 so see if the problem moves.

Hi all,

Yes Kevbo37 is right, my solution may work when it FAILS TO REACH TEMP or TAKES ALONG TIME TO REACH TEMP. Apologies for inaccurate info (teach me to read the original post properly). The only situation where I had the P2 rising beyond the set temp was when someone had reconnected a heater connector into the wrong position after a heater clean.

Let us all know how this problem was solved

Regards to all