fuji frointier

imi

hey friends , can any one suggest me how to check life of a laser in used frointier 350/370... may be by reading temprature value in laser unit or any thing which can give idea about laser life...plz help me as we dont have experts of laser here..

the difference between  350 and 355 is just like 350 comes with Sp2000 LINE ccd scanner and frontier 355 equipped with SP3000 area CCD scanner. also software version and printing environment are  different. but  concern printer part both using same printer Sp1500.

popular means frontier 350/370 minilabs are  first generation digital minilabs and they sold out  more. so they more familiar.

c..R

hey friends , can any one suggest me how to check life of a laser in used frointier 350/370... may be by reading temprature value in laser unit or any thing which can give idea about laser life...plz help me as we dont have experts of laser here..

You can look in the R, G, and B Laser data pages to see the hours of each laser. Although I have seen these lasers die at 4,000 hours and I have seen them still running strong at over 15,000 hours. You can also look to see how close to the operating current is to the deterio current. Also look at the temperature of the G and B lasers. The closer they are to 30 deg the better. If they are close to 40 or 20 deg it might indicate a short life.

In other words there is not a dependable way to tell how much time is left on the lasers. The 350/370 series were the most dependable in terms of laser failures. If the laser is working fine now, with not errors, then it will probably last a while.

hii kevbo... thnx a lot and i appreciate for ur help but a little bit confusion abt operating current and deterio current..can u explain it.... tell me if hard disk is changed or new software is loaded will it stilll show exact working hours of laser....

If you go to the exposure check screen it will display the operating current (LD current) of each laser. Then if you go to the individual laser data pages you can find the deterio current.

Yes the information about each laser (hours of operation, dates of manufacture and installation, serial #, deterio current temperature setting and other stuff) is stored on the laser itself inside the laser unit (eeprom).