Those Laser Heads?

NeilT

• 1 month later...

Sue is correct. The likes of Agfa reps were going round a year or so ago telling people that Fuji lasers were unreliable and expensive to replace.

Fuji countered by saying out of the 1000+ Frontiers, they've only had to replace one laser and so to back up their confidence in the machines they have put in place a lifetime guarantee on lasers on ALL Frontier machines in the field, whether covered by warranty, service plan or whatever.

Why do some reps have to slag off other equipment in order to sell their own? Now that's when I smell a fish!

• 4 weeks later...

Having been a Fuji service agent for several years, I can confirm that the failure rate of laser units is quite small, and any that have been replaced have been free of charge whether you have a contract or not.

Hope this helps

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Tango

depends on which model of frontier.

But it is possible provided you have at least some experience of operating one.

You would also have to do some laser alignment set ups.

Regards

Garyphot

• 2 years later...

We just had a major problem in our lab and it's looking pretty serious , basically we experienced some really cold weather

(not sure if it is the cause) however when we switched the machine on (Frontier 330) it cqame up with an error code SOS 2529

Looking at it in the manual it points to a # Number of Causes that we are curently trying to remedy. If anyone has any ideas on this error and/or some steps to take in order to solve this problem please let us know through here.

We have checked all the Fuses on the Boards and Followed through the steps in the manual, however all is looking NOT-GOOD at the moment.

CPAC.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have more than 6 years  experience in maintenance and servicing of fuji frontier minilabs. almost handle most of the modals except 590 and 500. generally laser unit failure rates very less in fuji frontier comparatively other Noritsu and agfa digital minilabs. in my experience only one laser unit has failed during this period. most of the machines are using very rough and tough conditions and yet no problem with any laser units.

laser units are not That much costly. as in taken back scheam its available very cheap. refurbished also available. mostly problems with  AOM drivers and LDD pcbs not in laser heads. for a better health always change laser filters and exposure section filters periodically. also keep room temp. cold atleast 26 degree.. Thats what i seen.

usually Laser heads life span in terms of hours is 9000 hours.( Exposing hours.). after 9000 hours also laser units working very well. so its depends on ur luck...;-).

best regards,

baiju

INDIA.

hi,

SOS detection failed means laser unit didnt receive signals when post conducting. 99% chances to failure of AOM unit ( Aquostic opto modular". this AOM will drive the laser units. which produces a amplified signals to laser unit.

replace AOM and check. its very easy to confrim that just remove ur AOm and put it to another frontier 330.

best regards,

baiju.

• 1 year later...
Having been a Fuji service agent for several years, I can confirm that the failure rate of laser units is quite small, and any that have been replaced have been free of charge whether you have a contract or not.

Hope this helps

Gary

OK I have a Frontier 330 (Holland, 2003). I have contacted Fuji here and they said that I have one year warrenty and that"s it. If the laser unit fails after 1 year, you have to buy a new one. At this moment 23.000 euro.  Our machine is, when I would sell it worth only 12.000 euro. Our laserunit gives daily errorcode W-2528...No problem at the moment, its about its lifetime. I can hardly believe that Fuji gives a liftime for it's laserunit.  Is there anybody who can give me a phonenumber or adress, to confirm this story?  

(our problems are that the B-Laser, in the history of the laserbeam slowly rises from 72mA in february, to 78 mA at this moment. What is the limit, and when does it stops permanently?) (can you stop errorcode W-2528 every morning?)

thanks

Hi,

I'm experiencing laser malfunction in my Frontier 330 now ( Error:  E-2522 , excessive B-SHG laser current detected), if it's true that laser is covered with lifetime warranty i would burst into tears of happiness. I simply can't afford spedning  that much money.

For my problem details please look at topic http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Blah.pl?m-1217518189/ Everything is described with screenshots.

Who am I to contact?

Thanks and have nice day,

Bartek

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

hi all..

i'd like to purcase 355,

but i heard that the laser replacement was about US$ 10k.

and the lasers are easy broken

is it right?

and i also got problem with the 355 electric consumtion power of 4.8kw

is it possible to modify to become about just 3kg?

thank you

It is true that Fuji Laser have less failure in terms of Error messeges, but life span of Fuji laser is the same as other Digital Machines like Agfa or Noritsu. I'm in this trade of sales & service of digital machine from almost 15 years now. I'd noticed that there are very few laser failures in Noritsu though there are so many people who faced error messges which mean that laser unit is failure but in actual they need re-alignment of the unit with a special jig and instrument only. In other hand, Fuji laser behave wiered as there was no error unless laser unit fully stop working, one can feel overlaping of the colors ( specially it comes green on overall prints).