Overheating Tanks in Frontier 340

manager

My Frontier 340 is strange in the morning with the temperatures.

It passes over the set 40C temperature reaching 40.6 on display and around 42 in the tank.

That is only until restart, and after it works fine all day.

I thought it may be a misscalibration, but doesn't appear to since the display is sometimes same with real tank temperature and sometimes off 2 degrees, and that in a 10 minutes interval. The tank real temp cannot change so quick so i am thinking about circulation problem, temperature sensor problem, wich I already cleaned, but the problem remained, I don't know.

When that power relays on the Power Board start to fail, the temperatures starts to not rise, not like in my case to overheat.

Did any of you met this before?

My Frontier 340 is strange in the morning with the temperatures.

It passes over the set 40C temperature reaching 40.6 on display and around 42 in the tank.

That is only until restart, and after it works fine all day.

I thought it may be a misscalibration, but doesn't appear to since the display is sometimes same with real tank temperature and sometimes off 2 degrees, and that in a 10 minutes interval. The tank real temp cannot change so quick so i am thinking about circulation problem, temperature sensor problem, wich I already cleaned, but the problem remained, I don't know.

When that power relays on the Power Board start to fail, the temperatures starts to not rise, not like in my case to overheat.

Did any of you met this before?

p1 in the frontier 340 should be 45 C assuming you're using CP-49E chemistry.

The problem is solved. i don't know exactly where it was from and that means it is probably not fixed and will come back sometime.

I washed the filters under the PS racks, which didn't look clogged

and also calibrated temperatures again, which also had only maximum 0.5 degrees difference from real temperatures.

By the way, 45 is set on P1 and I was talking about PS which is 40.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I solved it and I also seen the problem. As you said, the filters under the PS racks got clogged very fast because of a water source that didn't match our quality needs. Also, the temperature probes(sensors) got covered with algae(mucus) and also the PS concentration probe(sensor).

I know now that overheating calls for filter cleaning.

I also found out that you can add 4 liters of PS water in the PS4 tank while PS2 rack being out and the PS from the tanks gets cleaner and also reaches again the set temperature in just four minutes, so you can serve the clients fast after this operation.

I use this trick from time to time to keep PS from tanks cleaner.