very dirty prints

vaidean.radu

Hello, yet i face another problem, the prints from my fuji 370 come out very dirty. I have cleaned the racks several times with warm water until all rezidue was gone. Have changed the solution in PS1234 and cleaned the tanks. Cleaned all the dryer rollers, dryer belt, dryer.

Prints are clean on the back but not on the front. If i print about 10-20 photos its ok as long as i'm still printing after that.

What would you recomend, what else should i clean?

Thanks,

Radu

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look like silver residue and if not already done the stabilisers do need changing.

I am about to do this myself as when the racks are removed for cleaning it disturbs any residue in the bottom of the tanks, by putting the racks back in although clean it just stirrs it all up a while until the silver settles to the bottom again

hi,

strange!! once you clean the racks, tanks, change STB  then these kind of prints comes for a short while only. mostly dirty marks last for 50 prints or less. but after also coming means rollers may be that much dirty. i feel its  better if you can use any tank /rack cleaner. fuji having the cleaner liquid. fill the liquid in tanks. put the racks inside for a night and next day everything will be looks new.

I have changed the Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 Ps4 and cleaned the tanks and racks. For P1 (CD) and P2 (bleachfix) i had only cleaned the racks not the tanks. After 20-30 prints they are now clean. If the problem persists i'm planing on cleaning the P1and P2 Tanks as well, draining and filtering the solutions before putting them back in.

What do you say?

last time i cleaned it (just the rack not the PS) it still made dirty prints

the first 20-30 prints every day were dirty

so i will have to see tommorow if this worked.

I have never cleaned the tanks before. (i only have the lab from september last year) but by the looks of it, i will take your advice and clean PS12 weekly and change solution. I cleaned it once every 2 weeks but i was just washing the racks.

Hope this works

thanks

No need to overcare about cleaning, I do it once every maybe six months. I think you should do it more often if it doesn't print that much per day.

Warm water is too gentle, use oven cleaner, forget about FUJI magical cleaners.

And, YES, replace PS from tanks, too, otherwise I don't see why you call it cleaning.

You could also maximize replenisher rate of PS for keeping tanks clean for a longer time and having brighter and whiter prints every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Please help if you can i have fuji 500 lp5000 printer. I have cleaned and replace all chemical and water eaven jet washed the racks and claned with owen cleaner washed with a lot of water and eaven left water i all five tanks with racks for eavning and i still get dirty print no mater how much i print 20-50 pictures it get dirt after some idle time 1h or so and also next mornig it's same storie all over again. the image is similar to this in this post.

sorry if i have some spelling errors. it is second language for me.

You may also have dirty rollers in the printing area or in the dryer. The dryer has some metal guides that need to be cleaned once in a while. It could also be a dirty filter or pump. Check the filters and if any of them is oily replace it or clean very well in hot detergent water.

Maybe you greased something and leaked or it has connection with something else.

By the way, you did wash the crossovers, did you? You could go into the menu and increase the PS amount and set more crossover cleaning. Not sure about Frontier 500.

the problem is that i have new filter in booth ps1 and ps2 and have cleaned the dryer and racks and tank and have checked the printing paper path and it's clean. It look's to me like some thing in processing part but i can't figure it out becouse i have cleaned it very well couple of times. I will try later to add some picture here only if I know how I am new to this forum.

You can also follow the paper through the racks with the processor cover lifted and drive on.

Check if it is dirty when it comes out the last PS rack and if it does, then take it out and see the other one all the way to the printing exit.

The paper has to be clean until one point, and there has to be the problem.

Sorry if this is to basic,

1. Clean on a regular basis  6 month intervals are not regular, warm water and a brush and cloth should be all you need.

2. Don't use any odd ball cleaning agent as as you have no idea what mixing them will do, both to the machine or you. Household bleach can create Chlorine gas, not nice.

3. Oven cleaner??? When your rollers all perish and need replacing don't forget to tell the tech when they ask what you have been using.

4. Some of the cleaners on the market loosen the dirt/silver deposits and it will then come off on your work

5. Some don't ever lift the racks as "It stirs the dirt up" and they get dirty prints, see number 1

It used to be called housework, changing filters, cleaning rack, cleaning spilt chemistry etc.

Magenta, I really print, man, thousands of prints per day. I have maximized the PS pumps and crossover washes from the menus and the dirt just doesn't have the time to stay on. I'm washing my labs at 6 months time because some dirt gets on the dry side of the crossovers.

I also use only FUJI chemicals, not all the crap on the market.

Printing a lot means also lots of service and I believe I know what I speak when I do.

When I said Oven Cleaner I was sharing years of experience and helping you do your job briliantly without Fuji's magic cleaners. I have never had problems with rollers, springs, lubrication or other stuff. How do you know FUJI isn't giving you the same cleaner?

Jemsovic's temporary failure in solving the problem doesn't prove anything because we are not there to see exactly what he is doing wrong.

I agree that cleaning means extracting and cleaning racks and crossovers and also replacing the PS water and cleaning the filters,  but, believe me that you will use the oven cleaner sometime, now that you know it from me, and you will start using it more often because it will prove a reliable, accessible and harmless cleaner.

I don't want the man to freak out now that his racks are going to grave.

Just one warning: if you use it on the case panels, don't let it more than an hour on the spot. Rinse well because it attacks the paint on the painted metal panels.

That is experience, too.

Otherwise all trusty, doesn't contaminate chemicals not even if you don't insist much rinsing.

Beware of its strong smell and ware protective gloves for not drying your skin!

I am still in process of cleaning, as for the owen cleaner i only used it on p1 and p2 but i did't use it on ps1 witch seames dirty as well I only used water but today when I printed the test only throu cleaning agen it stuck in ps1 (first water tank) and it was dirty. As for the owen cleaner witch one do you use i used muscolo in sprey and soon as I sprayed the dirt stared to fall of an my P1 was almost as new after that evan gears was white but in P2 the affect was not that good but not bad also.

I always used no name oven cleaners, not because of the money, but because I accidentally discovered it and am very satisfied. I thought that fancy brands will try to keep it softer in smell and other properties for household women buying it, so reducing its power.

I don't know for sure.

If the problem should be in P1 or P2 racks, then I'm wondering if you removed the racks' side panels for thoroughly reaching and cleaning the rollers inside.