Control Error 41 on a 6800

Mr Noritsu

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all  Look that =>

Procedure to correct Control Error 41

1.     When the power is turned on the “Initializing…” OCP message appears, followed by “Control Error 41”.

2.     Run download tool and OCP displays “MAIN PROG. UPDATE” when Main Program transfer is completed.

3.     When Main Program download is completed, the OCP displays “Initializing…”.  The printer needs to be manually power cycled at this point.

4.     After OCP displays “Initializing…”, the message “Control error 41” appears.

5.     30 seconds after Main Program was completed to transfer the DSP program starts to transfer.

6.     When the transfer of the DSP program is completed, then the message “DSP PROG. UPDATE” appears on the OCP.

7.     When the DSP Program download is completed, the OCP displays “Initializing…”.  The printer needs to be manually power cycled at this point.

8.     If “Control Error 41” does not appear on the OCP, then the download is successful.

Frenchman

Hi Mr Noritsu ,

To update the firmware in the printer is not necessary to use a kodak kiosk with pc is possible !

1) Install the driver Kodak Printer 68XX in a PC .(avaible in the kodak retail web)

2) Download the last firmware in the same web and try to upload your printer with your PC and follow the procedure.

I have not never try this procedure ,but she work i'm sure ,i have see !!!! but i'dont remebe if is with a tool program.

Frenchman

This error may appear when there was a problem during the firmware upgrade. Now to the information from frenchman:

the download tool is the firmware version 179 or 180 for 6800 and 597 or 599 for 6850. OCP = Operator Control Panel. So you should try to get these firmware version and try to install it like instructions from frenchman.

Well, it was worth a try.

Downloaded the driver and the firmware update to a separate PC.

Installed the driver and the computer found the 6800.

Downloaded the firmware, but got an error on the dos screen that the update could not find the printer, which went from "initialising" to "control error 41"

It was worth a try, but unfortunately seems not to have worked.