G4 Kiosk

donsopp

HI everyone,

A Merry Christmas to all and now perhaps I could ask a question about the G4 Kiosk.  Can someone tell me what thermal roll they are using for the receipt printer. I got some in but they don't seem to work and, secondly, do Kodak send us out discs for the 2007 calendars etc.  We only got our Kiosk about 4 months ago so 2006 calendars weren't of great value to us.  Third question is should borders be available on the 8 x 6 prints as I just get plain prints.

2007 Borders and calendars are available free from i-force. Yes you should get borders on 8x6 prints.

Please note when you order calendars/border 2007 cd make sure you get V5.2 as there is also V1.1 which is for the very new software on G4s installed after November this year and will be released to existing G4s as version V1.2 in February.

I use Epson approved thermal rolls, they work fine. I get them from Surrey Wholesale. Swains also list thermal rolls for the G4.

Hope this helps.

I force is for UK dealers as it is paid for by Kodak UK. UK dealers have a telephone number and an email address to contact them.

They wont send outside of UK. However, if you are struggeling to get it in Germany, send me your address and I will send you my copy.

Please confirm if you are using vers v5.2 or Vers 1.1 any other versions need updating first.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This software is due to be released May/June of this year, Kodak will come and do the upgrade to all those with warranty or service contracts. Those without will have to contact service for a price, there is currently no intention to send the software out on discs due to it being a 4 hour upgrade mirror drives will be used by kodak instead

• 3 months later...

So, has anyone got Kodak's new software for the g4 kiosk and how is it running?  Haven't heard from Kodak and I am pretty sure that we have a service agreement.  Will probably ring them tomorrow.  Would love to hear from anyone that has it up and running

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

version 1.6 (for us at cvs) also enables photo books to be made via our thermal printers and mini labs.  its not anything fancy like the photo book offering that kis has but it makes 10 auto collage pages and we have a special binding kit we use that consists of a big stapler, 2 cover pages that are stapled to the collages and the covers have an adhesive that bind the pages to a black hard cover

when can we expect version 2.0 and what kind of updates/features should we expect? :)