dks 1550/ im1500

photosceneross

Hello all,

We have a dks 1550 with and im1500 scanner.  The scanner has been working itermitently over the last couple of weeks, some days it would work fine others it would not be recognised at all.

Recenetly we had some work done to the dks1550, virus problems so a fresh install was performed.  Now the scanner is not found at all.  The lights on the front of the scanner are flashing amber.  Does anyone have any ideas at all?

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Thank you for replying, unfortunately we have tried using a different scsi cable but no joy.  I have read all the other im 1500 topics and seems to be a few different issues so was trying to track down our specific problem. Photome want around £400.00 for a new PCB so was hoping(rather optimistically) for a cheaper alternative.

Thanks again for taking the time to Reply

Hello Pskaro, thank you for your reply.  Im not too sure what you mean (sorry a little slow when it comes to this kind of thing)  i have attached a photo of the inside of our im 1500, where the scsi cable connects.  Hopefully this will help you understand what im working with.

Thanks again for your time, it is greatly appreciated!

That is CPU PCB inside the scanner, but my question was regarding the SCSI controler inside the PC.

In some KIS PC there are 2 SCSI PCI controles, and in some there is only one used to connect the IM1500 and IMPAG PCB.

SCSI terminator plugs the second SCSI connector on the back off the scanner. On one connector is attached SCSI cable, and on the other one should be attached the SCSI terminator.

But first check all off the pins on each SCSI cable end, because there could be bent pin which was very common isue with SCSI cables, also check the terminator pins.

agree...Scanner should be connected to the standard SCSI slot card, since Epson is a dedicated one.

In case of fault there should be no problem to buy the spare card. i know it  ;)

pls perform actions pskaro was suggesting and keep us informed.

Green and Red are SCSI cables which are attached to the SCSI controlers, but to know on which off this two is the IM1500 attached, check the color ring on the scanner cable side or just follow the cable.

Disconnect the cable on the scanner and PC side and check carefully all pins and look for a bent one ;)

Blue one is driving image on the epson LCD (sequencer).

Red one is controlling the machine - conected to the main electric drive (IMPAG Card inside).

Green one serves the scanner connection - so check this cable and connection.

BUT - if you are saying that you had virus problems and did reinstall the system without cable touching - you have probably lost the drivers in the system directory. SO DON'T MANIPULATE TOO MUCH around the cables. try to look for the drivers on the install CD.

Check if your scanner IM1500 is visible on the startup screens on PC should be identified on position 5 (Id=5)

if BIOS is seeing that - for sure it's a drivers issue.

Look for any traces related to the Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI interface. If you don't find it on the disk - look on Internet, Install files and drivers are available.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for all your help and suggestions, unfortunatly i tried a few things and had no success and couldnt spend anymore time trying to sort it out so had to bite the bullet and buy a refurbed scanner, which seems to be working ok so far.  But as i said i do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Unfortunately we have another issue now........... Basically it involves yellow prints.  When it first happened it seemed to happen over night, so we changed the bleach and then the dev, all worked fine for a couple of days, then again over night the prints went really yellow again.  Changed the bleach and dev again, worked fine for a couple of days then this morning within about half an hour prints started coming out yellow again and have got progressivly worse.  Does anyone have any suggestions at all?

Thanks for your time

Ross

photosceneross when you do the paper setup it come out OK? proper grey?

Another thing that I am experiencing at the moment is that I have to add +12 magenta -6 yellow – 4 density. I do the paper setup and it comes out green instead of grey and it makes it ok.  I don’t know how I make it grey again. If there is some thing wrong in the Dev I think the paper setup dose not make it ok as green, it try’s to make it as grey  possible but instead when it come out the first time it comes out a bit grey then the paper setup makes it green and for the machine for some reason that is the grey.

Can any one help me about this please because it is getting frustrating that there is some thing wrong all the time lately one after an other. Apart that I cannot do a prnu because it come out very bad.

Think we have sorted it out now.  Recently had to move the machine to fit a new pump, put the machine back and didnt check it was level, it was a long way out of level and the bleach was running into the dev rather than into the waste.  Just draining down all the chemicals, going to give it a nice clean and see if that fixes the problem.  Fingers crossed that will sort it.........

Ross