LCD NIGHTMARE - Little Help ( Pics )

ralphmalph

Well here is the short story

I am on my 3rd LCD in 4 months. KIS has sent me to consecutive defective LCD's with the 24 Pixel lines and now I am currently waiting for # 3.  LCD #1 my service provider installed the day after he left the 24pix line came in. He sent me # 2 which I installed and it has the 24 pix line.  I have 3 LCD's now ( 1 in machine and 2 that were sent) and not one of them is working

Very frustrated and if anyone has any insight I would greatly appreciate it

questions

1. Does anyone know what the "R" stands for on the LCD's KIS keeps sending me ?The one that was previously in my 1550 has no R on it ( see Photo )

2. Why do I have to keep the jumper on ? I was under the impression with a new LCD you could take the jumper off? ( I followed the instructions for both LCD's and the jumper was left ON)

3. Does KIS even make new LCD's for 15xx machines? I feel like I am getting LCD's they just pulled out of old machines. These are coming straight from France

1. Does anyone know what the "R" stands for on the LCD's KIS keeps sending me ?The one that was previously in my 1550 has no R on it ( see Photo )

R stand for repaired part  :o

2. Why do I have to keep the jumper on ? I was under the impression with a new LCD you could take the jumper off? ( I followed the instructions for both LCD's and the jumper was left ON)

It is not normal to have jumper ON when installing the NEW LCD, and actually it is forbiden to put it ON, as it would shorten the life off the NEW LCD  :o

3. Does KIS even make new LCD's for 15xx machines? I feel like I am getting LCD's they just pulled out of old machines. These are coming straight from France

That I do not know, the last LCD I installed was two years ago and it did not have R in the Cat No, and it still works  ;)

"This is refurbished LCD not new and need resistor on \. Did you pull off resistor? . You pay for new or refurbished LCD?

or You have this exchange under 5 years warranty? if yes you can to demand new LCD"

This was not under the 5 year warranty but was under warranty with a deductible with my service provider. I paid the deductible for a NEW LCD. KIS just gives my service provider the run around and sends LCD with the 24Pix line as a replacement.

As far as demanding a LCD from KIS they do not care much about there customers. Once you are paid up good luck.  I am still waiting for a functioning LCD and it has been 6 months and they still ignore my tech's emails and phone calls.

Thanks pskaro your help is always appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...