DKS 750 Rack Motor

ironic_twist

Hello again,

Couple days ago rack motor stopped when machine was running. First, i though that was some kind of rack problem, but i have noticed that motor is stopping even without paper in process. It hasn't got power/strengh.

I think it's motor problem, maybe with brushes or with voltage but i don't know where to measure. When motor is stopped some kind of buzzing is coming from it. It's running quite smoothly when i testing it with my hands so i think it's not brushes...something worse. Please tell me, where  exactly mesure voltage and how high it shoud be. Thank You.

Hello guys,

Small update. I measured voltage in places visible on photos, it's 14,85 V. Is it good or too low? Voltage written on motor is 24V. I checked the motor. I think it's OK, I put 9 V battery and it's running without noises but hasnt got strenght. I can stop it in one hand.

What's the problem? Sorry for my english, I hope that someone understands me :)

Hello,

Still it's not good:( I cleaned motor, brushes are OK. It's running quietly and smoothly. Still stopping and buzzing.  I measure voltage again. First time it was without motor, then it was 14,85. When I put motor back and run process it was 10,80. When the motor is stopping voltage is going down do 2,50-3 V. I think that's the problem but what's the solution? :o

I'll check soldering on small PCB. Thanks again for help.

Try to swap your ATX power Supply.

If this is instable the tank pcb is also not able to regulate properly the voltage towards Rack Motor.

I had this instability during paper setup (when switching on densitometer lamp) when it was on the speed of the motor rack drops and a proper measuring of the chart was not able.

You could try if you, just like you told, replashed the brushes.

Good luck,

Wallie

• 1 month later...

Any success ?

Remember that motor is powered from 24V, but driven by PWM device from tankboard. direct measurements with voltmeter are useless.

So if it's turning but has no power it could be burnt power transitor on tank board. HOpe not.

From my experience U need to replace tank motor after 6 years of continous standard use - brushes are going out.

if your machine is in this age - start to worry :)

gimme a sign when you need motor - need to check but  years ago I did bought original part directly from motor manufacturer representative.

• 2 weeks later...