24 pixel line only 1YEAR with new LCD

Studio01

This is frustrating.

Only 1 YEAR after a new LCD was changed in my machine, 24 pixel line strikes again.

This will be my 3rd LCD in 5 years!! And with warranty ended I'll to

There's a thing that I don't understand:

I thought that pixel line appears in the middle of a printing work, but, now (in my case),

appears at the begining of the day. After all night, I make the first photo in the morning

with the 24 pixel line. I switch off the machine for a pair of minutes and line disappears,

and I can make lots (400, 600 or 1.000 photos) with any problem. The day ends.

Next morning: 1st photos with pixel line each, have to switch off. Everything's OK.

Is it a normal situation?

Why after an all-night  break 24 pixel line appears and not in the middle of a massive printing)

It seems like more time stopped machine more possibility to appear the 24 pixel lines.

Studio01

What do you mean with fited and closed?

You mean if I have the resistor on the PCB = Yes , you mean if it's connected = YES

I have the resistor connected from the begining of the installation of the PCB  Driver Epson (6 months) due to a change of this PCB this January 2010. (LCD is from last July 2009)

Is that what you mean?

Yesterday, after daily stop in the noon for lunch (from 14h to 17h), the first photo had 24 pixel line.

I switched off DKS for a pair of minutes and after that I made 1.000 photos with no problem.

Studio01

What do you mean with fited and closed?

You mean if I have the resistor on the PCB = Yes , you mean if it's connected = YES

I have the resistor connected from the begining of the installation of the PCB  Driver Epson (6 months) due to a change of this PCB this January 2010. (LCD is from last July 2009)

Is that what you mean?

Studio01

Yes, that is what I meant, and now I remember that there was a thread about this and that I sugested to remove the connection from the resistor  ;)

As I never put it on after changing the LCD unit or complete LCD MSB I can not astimate the behavior off the LCD regarding the 24 pixel line problem so maybe on your DKS this strange apearance and dissapiarance off the 24 line problem is standard if this resistor is connected on NEW changed LCD  :-/

But what is done is done, be aware when (by technitian) fitting the NEW LCD, do not allow him to put the connection on the resistor, this will give you at least two years or more (depending off the work load), before there is need again for a NEW LCD.

Send the mail to KIS regadring this issue (fiitting the connector on resistor with NEW LCD) and after reciving the answer (if it is favorable for you), try to complain to your service departament to at least lower the cost for NEW (soon to be changed :-/) LCD MSB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear All

I am an electronics eng from Jordan and 4 months ago a friend of mine asked me to look into the problem he was having with his kiss minilab ...it was 24 line pixel problem , they have put a Resistor before and after a while the problem reappeared , I have managed to solve the problem without having to change any boards or LCD ,I have fixed another one also 3 months ago,and they are working just fine,

Thanks to "quick_film" Argiris Bigiakis from KALAMATA - GREECE who send me the manual on 15th march

Please contact me on my e.mail if you have any problems.

Thanks Eng Hamdi Jafar

• 2 weeks later...

Don't expect "magical" solutions to 24 pixel line.

The "magical wizard" Mr. Spike is missing and if someone don't

want to share their solutions in a forum I'm sorry but I don't

trust.

I think that a forum is a place to share and help people with

common needs, in this case solutions to Kis machines daily

problems FREELY.

Studio01

Hi Studio01!!

It seams that you have some experience with that 24 pixel line.. :(, and i´m very angry that every KIS dealer used to told that buy DKS becouce you dont have to change laser´s like Fuji or etc machines..! They kick they own leg for telling that, and KIS wont do anything else than charge new LCD and so on, fix the problem..!!

My DKS have now one brighter line in end of the photo sometimes, i can deal with that somehow, but will these lines increase in time or they stay same..?

And now that i say this loud, these lines will increase, i´ll bet..!!

Yes Ridge!

That's what always tell me from Kis: "You're lucky cause if you had a laser minilab

a laser is very very very expensive. An LCD is expensive but not as a new laser."

Yes but in 6 years I changed LCD "4 TIMES"".

Last time was last week. So, when will be the next? I'm beggining to ask details

from different brands of Dry Labs, the problem is that nobody wants my used

DKS (and I'm still paying it!).

Studio01

• 2 months later...

Hi I am Tunisian and I have the problem of 24 pixel line in my minilab kis 1550

I connected the resistor and it worked for about 8 months then the problem of the line reoccured again

I replaced the resistor and the circuit LT 1963 but after 10 to 15  photos the line reappears again.

I switch off the machine and open the PCB door to cool the matrix then switch it on and retry again, 10 to 15 photos... etc...

Is there a solution for this problem?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...