KIS Kiosks

cbsphotdp

We have a KIS DKS 1510 with two kiosks.  Both of the Kiosks are starting to give me problems and looking for some help/advise.

Kiosk #2 -  the monitor stopped working and we connected it to a 19 inch stand alone monitor.  It will work with this but we need to use a mouse to move around on the screen.  If I get a touch screen monitor will we be able to use it instead of the non touch screen 19 inch monitor? Anything specific to look for in a touchscreen monitor?

Kiosk #1  would sometimes  take up to an hour to start up in the morning especially in the winter  when it gets a little cold overnight in the store.  Now it has started to turn on/off as soon as it starts up and sometimes if it does get through to the working screen it will shut off in the middle of someone working on it.  I switched the hard drives between the two units but it didn’t make a difference.  I have checked all the connections, could it be the power supply.  I have not taken the power supply out ( Enhance model # ENP-2120D ) but checked the connections.  Are these available anywhere , new or used.?

Or do we look for a stand alone tower that takes memory cards and CD’s and a touch screen  monitor and load my e-station master OS & software into it. Can this be done?  The current e-stations are Windows XP,  will the Master OS & software CD load into a Windows 7 computer?

Or do we just get a new/used  kiosk to replace the #1 kiosk. Are there  any better kiosks to look for to hook up to our DKS 1510, Kodak, Lucidium……will any transfer to the printer?  It would be nice to be able to offer some of the newer choices besides just prints!  Our Kiosks still have the old borders, greetings and calendars dated 2007.  We have never found anyway to update them, no help from KIS.

CJ        Minnesota, USA

I would start by trying to switch the circuit board (see below) for the screens between the kiosks to see if it helps either.

If you take off the grey cover from the back of the screen unit (exposes motherboard etc) there is a small slim circuit board which (I beleive controls the high voltage needed for the screen) is to the left of the motherboard, it has three screws securing it down, a two wire (pink and white) connector at the top, one at the bottom and a small connector in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to be able to offer some of the newer choices besides just prints!  Our Kiosks still have the old borders, greetings and calendars dated 2007.  We have never found anyway to update them, no help from KIS,

calendars 2012 and more you can find,

http://www.snelprinter.nl/templ/downloads.html

for free, the calendars are not in englisch, sorry.

maby you can do it,

i will look what i can do.