another 1550 problem

Tony.T

All of a sudden the m/c won't feed paper and I get 'magazine missing' on the display.

Tried rebooting etc but problem remains. Paper won't feed so I'm down for this important sales period. Any ideas for a quick fix? I've phoned the helpline and they are getting an engineer out as soon as they can- but before Christmas with the current weather? I think not  :o

Is the problem coming from both lower and upper magasin position ?

If there is the problem with only one position, then maybe there is the problem with the cable.

It is hard to check it, you can try to move it a little bit specially on the banding part, or switch the working position cable to non working position.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem still not completely resolved. Been out from a week before xmas to this morning.

The 'service' I have received has been very poor indeed.I won't go into details now.

I can now use the m/c using the top paper mag so I can now start to shift nearly 4 weeks worth of work ! :(

The lower paper cutter was swapped for a 2nd hand unit last friday 'to see if it fixes the fault'

well now we have a 1550 RISK card fitted (not the 750 ones that Veritek supplied on 2 occasions) The 'new' paper cutter is faulty, so I need my old one back (which was not giving trouble)

Are these easy to strip and repair if neccessary?

Veritek need to sort out their parts department and make sure their engineers know what they're doing. !!!!

Anyone else had issues with this outfit ?

• 3 weeks later...

Still giving problems, m/c barely useable. 5 weeks now.

We think we know what the problem is. Trying to fit and then switching on the m/c with the wrong board fitted has stuffed it up a treat. Not once but many times  :(. Not by me I hasten to add !

Next week should see a resolution. But, if they present a bill (they have all but admitted liability)

they can whistle for it to be paid. I am seriously thinking of sueing them for loss of business. goodwill and general incompetence in dealing with this problem.

Has anyone on here had a similar problem, and if so how was it resolved?

If you would rather e-mail me then please do so.

i`ve been using CMS/Virtek for the last ten years until couple of months ago where they had treated unfairly as i was an indi and not had a service contract. I SHALL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

They are far to expensive, I shall be using C & G Engineers in the future far cheaper. If you need their number just ask

i`ve been using CMS/Virtek for the last ten years until couple of months ago where they had treated unfairly as i was an indi and not had a service contract. I SHALL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN.

They are far to expensive, I shall be using C & G Engineers in the future far cheaper. If you need their number just ask

My problems are still rolling on.They have admitted that it is there fault and that the m/c has been damaged by themselves. I am going to make it plain that I will not expect to see an invoice for any of the work done. It's been 5 weeeks now, last loads of business and Xmas never happened  :'(

So Nash- I would like that phone number please- have they got a website as well ?

rgds

Tony

Hi tony,

I have experienced same problem (missing cassete) but on the lower cutter only. In our case the solution is to reprogram using older backup, or if you have CD backup of the working Parameters, you may want to copy this and replace the current parameters on the dks. make sure you backup the current parameters so in case it didn't help you can easily revert it back.