DKS 1510: Print Output Images magnified

abcschoolportraits

I have a DKS 1510 and I'm having issues with the images on output. The images seem to be over magnified and bleed off the paper. Example, I'm printing 7x10 paper size, 8 wallets per unit. The inner 4 wallets are of the same size but because the images are magnified, the outer 4 wallets on the end of the paper are bled off, so they are cropped off at the edge of the paper.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how i can adjust the zoom/magnification? We just had our tech install a new LCD.

Thanks in advance!!!

~Ken

Is this magnify issue evident also on normal prints or only on wallet template ?

Have you tried to print image with white border, maybe centering is not corrected after changing the LCD.

I changed a large number of the LCD, and almost every setting has to be done from scratch (PRNU is coming with LCD on CD, but usually at least one new pass is must), also LUT, gain, polarizer (lot off time it is not tighten properly), Piezzo, and off course complete centering procedure (lens offset as start where there is magnification factor and lens position...)

Usually I test and correct each (beside master cassette 4" and 8" which are used during centering) paper magazine for vertical offset.

There are also some software magnification parameters, but they should not be changed (1.02 = 2% crop)

I do not know if this was off any help to you, but this procedures are necessary when new LCD is fitted (if your technician is serious about his work)  ;)

Is this magnify issue evident also on normal prints or only on wallet template ?

Have you tried to print image with white border, maybe centering is not corrected after changing the LCD.

I changed a large number of the LCD, and almost every setting has to be done from scratch (PRNU is coming with LCD on CD, but usually at least one new pass is must), also LUT, gain, polarizer (lot off time it is not tighten properly), Piezzo, and off course complete centering procedure (lens offset as start where there is magnification factor and lens position...)

Usually I test and correct each (beside master cassette 4" and 8" which are used during centering) paper magazine for vertical offset.

There are also some software magnification parameters, but they should not be changed (1.02 = 2% crop)

I do not know if this was off any help to you, but this procedures are necessary when new LCD is fitted (if your technician is serious about his work)  ;)

As far as I can tell, it happens with all the prints. It's most evident with the wallet sheets I print. As far as I can tell, the images are centered. I believe the tech went through all of the parameters and adjusted everything for the new LCD. (I will have to double check on that.) LCD was calibrated with Fuji 8" glossy. Strange thing is, if I do print with a white border from the console, then the image is fine. Why is that????

Probably it is not same software version (generation) on DKS and console (workstation?), and it can happened that magnification ratio (this 1.02 I mentioned) earlier is not the same.

Have you tried to do white border print, is it centered ?

What software version is on DKS ?

Only one test (lens centering), is responsible for magnification and it is done on 8" where all of the lens are projected on same paper, including LCD position, and in that test each lens  magnification and position is measured.

i use to have the same issue.  A tech changed my lens settings to fix it.  Not sure what he did but he called it "tweaking the lenses"  He kept changing the values in a .INI file until over bleed stopped.  maybe pskaro knows what I am talking about, but it took us a while to get to the bottom of that issue

There is ini file where it is possible to change magnification ratio, but normally this is set when Optical Centering procedure is done where there is exposure on one 20x30 paper from each lens, and there is measurement for each lens magnification as well as position for each lens to the referent lens, as well as the 90° position of the exposure.

This is procedure from help visible on the right part off the screen for this measurement:

Using the micrometer, measure on the pattern the distance in mm of LMAG for each lens and LREF.

On the mark in the middle of the pattern, note the X and Y positions in pixels for each lens, as well as the 90° position of the exposure.

Record these values on the chart without forgetting any (all the boxes without grey tint must be filled in).

And this is to do before and after this procedure:

To do before

* Lens trimming (attitude).

* Final Focus adjustment.

* Lens turret and LCD offsets.

* TOP paper set-up.

To do after

* Check the centering of the feeders and the PHD2.