Dks 1 Upgrading ( DKS 550 )

mhonchi

You can use any other motherboard which have at least 1 COM port (it would be good if it has 2, but now it is hard to find). You also need second COM port (first is for the backprinter, second is for the touch screen), but then you need additional PCI COM controller.

Also look for the motherboard which has at least 3 PCI slots (for SCSI, PCI HR (or cicclone PCB) and for the additional COM controller). If you have 2 SCSI controllers inside, then you will need motherboard with 4 PCI slots.

I done upgrade on some DKS750 even with SATA hard drives, but that was a little complicated, but not impossible if you know how to make your own bootable ghost CD with SATA drivers.

我在xp下安装dks提示需要ie4.   不能完成安装。

我现在也需要750 xp版本下的所有驱动。

如果可能是否可以提供。

请给我邮寄或提供下载地址。

感谢先

乔士

I installed xp DKS prompted the need for ie4. Can not complete the installation.

I now need 750 xp versions of all drivers.

If we could provide, if possible.

Please send me the address or available for download.

To thank the first

QIS

I used different motherboards, but nice one was Gigabyte P35-S3G, because it has 5 PCI slots and this is very rare on any newer motherboard. This motherboard is OK for DKS1 (with additional PCI COM controler), and for DKS2 has both 1 COM and 1 LPT port.

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2729

I installed xp DKS prompted the need for ie4. Can not complete the installation.

I now need 750 xp versions of all drivers.

If we could provide, if possible.

Please send me the address or available for download.

To thank the first

QIS

Hi QIS,

Check this thread where I explained the procedure:

http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Blah.pl?m-1201906743/

Now I remembered that there is a little bit off problem with fiting the standard ATX (maybe not all off them?), motherboard to the chassis of the DKS1, but that can be solved by cutting the part on the chassis which is obstructing the position of the motherboard. For DKS2 this is not the case and any ATX motherboard will fit with no problem.