Networking xp workstation with DKS1550

Imagepro

David,

I am very farmiliar with networking windows pc's but the dks software is new to me. I need documentation if there is such thing or an idea of where in the Dks software  to look to configure this (I have V4.1). It is very simple with Fuji frontier. Hopefully it is as simple in this case as well.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Image Pro

in the 15XX dks go to window's area and search for file named (printserver.sdk or anything's like that's ) and open it with notepad you can see  in the DKS software the true ip adress and com port to be 8080 or 256 of the system .Change the ip adress to the other's computer and enjoy your product. All the file or picture come's in the archive file for control or are directly printed without control.

IN your PMG3 (V.4.1) go to setup =>setup peripherical =>DLS (the ip adress by default is 192.168.0.1 and the com port 8080 or 256) change it if nessessary .now back to diag =>diag services => password 147352 or 741963 and go to the panel control of window for make the new parameter in the local area connection of your G3 (it's nessessary to connect a mouse and keyboard )

Bye frenchman

Sorry for my very bad english !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frenchamn,

Your English is better than my french, actually it could even be better than my English. In any case, I searched for the file "printserver.sdk" on the DKS pc as you suggested , In both the C and D drives and did not find it. I also looked around for any file with that extension ".sdk" or ".dsk" and did not find anything close to it. Do you have any other suggestions? I was able to connect the Dks pc to my network and I can transfer files back and forth in windows environment and I even went into the SU area and tried to configure network input which was successful but I am still not able to pull the files using the DKS software.

Thanks,

Image pro

Frenchman

Stop thinking about the speedlab 100, e-station etc!!

Image Pro, MAke sure you have the KIAS installed on your machine, when v4.1xx is loaded on the engineers dont always put it on because it is not necessary for the dks to run, only used when connecting Kodak equipment to a DKS.

Rgds

Beaker

Guys,

Thank you both for your efforts in helping me accomplish this task. I was able to get it to work. As Frenchman suggested, I changed the ip address in the kiasserver.properties file after opening it in notepad to reflect the ip that I assigned to the machine. I also had to login to the SU to configured the "network input" to point to my fuji frontier Pic and a pc that I use for adobe work. I am now able to pull files from other pc's within my network to print to the DKS minilab.

For the second part of my original questions, I am now waiting for an Enablement CD from Kodak to connect my G3 kiosk to the DKS but I am finding out that it is just as difficult to deal with them as it was with Fuji. It's been a week and I am still waiting for someone from Kodak to call me to get a credit card number before they can ship me the CD.

I will post again for help if I am unable to get it to work.

Thanks again for all your help.

Image Pro

i'm not sure but maybe it's inclued under window's. connect a mouse and keyword and restart the picture maker.

Go to => setup=>diagnostic=>diag service=>password 741963=>panel control of windows=>now the panel control is open => click in this area to FOLDER now the screen contain two windows,click to local disk E and  kpm folder ,in this folder i dont remebe exactly where ,is located the enabler for your KPM ,make a double click for reinstall the enabler for you is DLS ENABLER V2.0 , after the instalation it's nessessary to restart.

"""""IMPORTANT  IF YOUR KPM WAS INSTALDED BEFORE WITH ANOTHER MINILAB EXAMPLE "NORITSU" IT'S NESSESSARY TO REINSTALL ALL THE KPM """""

bye frenchman

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

I finally received the Enablementt cd and installed it.I was able to configure it with a valid Ip address and all the pc's are networked and I am able to connect to any of the pc's on the network via windows. I was also successful in detecting connectivity to the DKS pc from the kodak g3 "Detect connectivity" option.

When I send an order from the Kodak g3, it prints a receipt and asks me for a password (0000) which i enter and get an "order has been successfully sent" message.

A few seconds later, I get an error message that the order did not go through and that I should contact the store attendant.

Please let me know your thoughts on what I might need to do to get this resolved.

Thanks,

image Pro

Hello Frenchman,

Thanks for asking. No, I did not get a chance to take another look at it yet. I now have another problem with the DKS that I need to resolve before I can try again. Good thing is that I have my Frontier up and running and I can afford not to panic.

I was trying to install the sorter belt which was too tight and might have strained a gear and caused a mechanical problem that i need to resolve.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Image pro