Film Dev problem

PMP Photo

I have the KIS AKS 32FP  and we have not been doing alot of film recently and we have noticed that film is coming out lite.  We have increase the rep rate by 30% it still does not seem to help.  The only thing that resolves the problem is to remove some of the chemical and add new to the top of the tank.  What do we need to do?  I have been going through a lot of chemicals to keep the dev in the right area.  I will be doing more film here soon but in the mean time what can I do?

Another question on the machine.  In the manual is says to add h2o each morning to the area with the filters.  Is that what is messing up the dev?

Patty

In the manual is says to add h2o each morning to the area with the filters.  Is that what is messing up the dev?

This is just to replace any water loss due to evaporation over night.  You are only adding a small amount of water as you top up to the marks inside the filter housing.  Mind if you listen carefully you can hear the chemistry overflow into the drain tanks if you put too much water in.

The two options mentioned on the other post are to up the rep rate so you are turning over your DEV tank every 4 weeks, or top up with fresh chemistry each morning to make up for films not processed.

Hi. It's been years sine I used film, but once had a similsr problem on a Noritsu 450. This was the Bleach not being aerated properly, not the Dev! We upped the flow rate of the air going into the tank & the next day all was fine! Worth a try? Having said that at we were not turning the Dev tank over (ie using a complete tank of Dev Replenisher) we actually stopped developing film & saved money!!!

Andy