HOT FOLDER HELP

ralphmalph

Hello all I am new to the Forum and have been using a DKS 1550 for the past 2 years in a high production youth sports company.  I have been haveing color issues from day 1 but the color is good enough to get buy.  Lately I have been getting complaints about the color green.  After much investigation I realized my hot folder does not take the color profile from the original image and outputs with no color profile to the 1550.  I use photo lynx as my package software.  No one can seem to help me including the people that sold me the machine.(Digital portal USA)  

I am literally kicking my self in the ass for not getting a frontier. (which runs with all package software as smooth as butter) The dks salesman said this would 100% work and 90 grand later I have color issues from the hot folder.

are there any other hot folders out there besides the  DCI hot folder out of Canada.  I am about to lose allot of business do to all my greens going  a bluish color.  I'm losing sleep any help at all would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached a image to illustrate the issue, the green is straight from he machine where the color profile is attached the botem bluish is what happens when it runs through the hot folder.  Also prints look a little muddy when run through the hot folder.

thanks

C.

maybe it's neccesary to make a little setup to your lcd

check in the ( tec mode ) if the flicker is good => S.U => password "tec"=> choose "camera"=> the flicker is displayed by a  valor number (normaly is "150/160 ). for see the reality of your setup move the down mask of the lens turret,after  turn the lens turret until you can see a little glasse,look inside to see if your lcd is fliked out or not.

bye frenchman

Its not the LCD, It is 100% the hot folder, if I open the ,xml from the hot folder before it goes through you can see there is no code for the camera profile or any profile for that matter.  The pictures in the example were printed one after another. One was printed straight from the machine with the camera profile turned on and the second was run through the hot folder which has no profile.

no the hot folder just turns off the use of the cameras ICC profile and just sends it to sortie print.  There is no way to turn the color profile on,  Is there any other hot folder software out there besides the one I am using ?? I see no option to validate to answer your question thanks for the quick reply

Please check this out, i have given this answer before to another problem, and this might help again

Could you please go into SU and type "user" and from there go to photo chain, and then go into "ICC color managament of digital images" and make sure Image profile is highligted, as well as color rendering europe is choosen. and make sure that Relative in ICC is marked.

jorm

Have You tried to send images to entree archive instead.

After that open sent images from archive and manually assign profile using icc menu (only with version 4.x)

Hope that this solve your problem

I service KIS/Kodak from 2000, when first DKS1 appeared, install a lot of them and also DKS2 and one DKS3, and most customers are happy specially with colors.

I had one customer who had Frontier in one shop and Kodak S88 (DKS750) in another, and he was getting better pictures from S88.

Perica Skaro

Service Manager for Kodak distributor

Croatia