D Lab 1 Timeard failure

Photo Corner

hiya

sometimes mine does this and after several attempts it starts. You could change the battery on the timer card first though. Now usually you have to turn the machine off when changing battery on a board, but on this occaision leave machine on. Open exposure area door, drop bottom door down carefully remove black panel and hey presto there is a battery on a board in there. Do not drop it and be carefull what you touch otherwise .................  fireworks and sparks!!

Nick

Hi, thanks for the advise. I replaced the battery and the time card error is gone but now it give a d-lab boot error. The machine is not creating any new done files. I did a forced IPU start up before but went a complete blank on how to do it today. Maybe tommorrow it will go better.

Thanx again

Elize

hiya this is where I can not help much. I think the boot order has been changed when the card has failed/battery failed. You need a pc expert who can check boot order of pc.  Hope this helps. I think the timer card failing is quite rare.  

Nick

• 1 month later...