Agfa dlab.2 OS start-up issues - systemced

oneil3

Hi, I was searching help about Agfa DLab 2 & I did not imagine that this forum exists - good grief, very useful info!

I have a friend who owns an Agfa Dlab.2 minilab & it has Windows 2000 OS with an issue at the start-up, it said "missing or corrupt c:\winnt\system32\config\systemced".

According to Microsoft help, the file called 'system' in c:\winnt\system32\config\ should be repaired. Since they did not do a Rescue Repair Disk, the default file called 'system' from c:\winnt\repair\ folder can be use as a substitute. I manage to sort this years ago when exactly the same problem happen but somehow the file called 'system' in c:\winnt\repair\ folder was not a valid file anymore as I attain 'blue screen of death' if I use it.

Can someone please suggest (or perhaps a link) where I can get either of the two:

a. file callled 'system' located at c:\winnt\repair\

or

b. files 'system' & 'system.alt' located at c:\winnt\system32\config\

As long as the file(s) are from an Agfa DLab2 system (Windows 2000), I think this will work with my friend's.

Thank you, any help will be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

HY

PLEASE I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED,

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY SEND ME THE FILE

AGFA D-LAB2 C: PARTITION. HERE IS THE LINK TO THE FILE IN THE SYSTEM (C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM) IT'S ABOUT 6MB

SIMPLY COPY IT FROM THERE AND SEND

I NEED IT TO REPAIR MY SYSTEM

THANKS FOR ANY REPLY

GG

Place the HD into another PC and do a chkdsk on the drive, most times repairs and solves the problem. Also network card or graphics controller can cause this error and virus. New install works as well but you should have a backup of all your settings incl index/combiprint ch's etc for quick restoration.

If you are operating on an older -outdated MB then this could also give errors and replacement might be needed.

• 4 weeks later...

Windows "System" file is bigger than 10MB and windows can't load it on startup. In DOS go to C:/WINNT/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/ and copy file named " system " . Then clean this file on other computer : open with notepad or some other editor . Decrease size of this file and after that load it to your minilab. Then windows will see it. More information about this problem and reasons why this file becomes too big :

http://www.minilabhelp.com/forum/Blah.pl?m-1295538975/s-all/