AGFA MSC 101D

reflections

I AM GETTING AN ERROR ON ONE MSC101D LAB, " PA/PP COMMUNICATION ERROR" . THE MANUAL SAYS THE PROBLEM COULD BE THREE THINGS, THE PA/PP BOARDS, DATA CABLE OR INTERFACE, i HAVE SWAPED ALL BOARDS WITH ANOTHER WORKING 101D AND IT WORKS FINE, ALSO THE DATA CABLE TOO. THE INTERFACE I AM NOT SURE EXACTLY WHAT IS MEANT BY INTERFACE. I HAVE SWAPPED AT LEAST 5 BOARDS FROM ONE MACHINE TO THE NEXT AND ALL WORKS FINE. ALSO I KEEP GETTING A LAMP TO DIM ERROR. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Thats an odd one - particularly as you have changed the boards. Considering the lamp issue I wonder whether it could be something to do with one of the power supplies, although a mate has had similar situation and they traced that back to a faulty cable.

You could try posting the problem on the Dlabglobal forum. There are plenty of ex. Agfa techs who are active there, replying to most of the issues that people raise. The address is Dlabglobal@yahoogroups.com. You'll need to register first.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get these repaired depending on the severity of the damage. We had two go last year. One was repairable - the other was toast. It seems you need to find an 'old school' electronics technician who can trace the problem within the box and source the (simple) parts to fix it.

The other thing you could do would be to find a machine someone is getting rid of and break that down for parts. If you do this make sure the other one is either a late model anologue, or 'D' series as the older 101's had different power supplies. It may be worth posting in the equipment wanted section as there are bound to be lots of redundant units out there.