BIOS SCREEN Masterflex Analogue 1008

logonoa

Happy New Year. I just got my Gretag Masterflex Analogue 1008, when I turned it on this message appeared on the screen

" Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG

Copyright © 1984-98, Award software,Inc,

(BDC-C1) 430HX SBC SYSTEM........

PENTIUM_MMX CPU at 233MHZ

Award plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A"

I tried to turn-off the machine and restart it, still the same screen appeared, it can't go away.

I would please  appreciate your help or email me at logonoa@hotmail.com

Thanks alot,

Alex

It sounds like your bios batery has died which has reset the bios to default and because there is no ps2 keyboard pluged in the pc has failed post. to check this swith off the mfa at mains slide out the pc and plug in a a ps2 keybboard and then switch on the mfa it should start up as normal. If this works and you do not want to mess with the pc keep the keyboard pluged in and slide the pc back into place and put the keyboard behind the lamphousing. The drivers for the screen have not loaded at this piont and so you can only read part of message after the bios info there will be an error message which will say something like halt on kerboard error.If the above works and you are ok to mess with the pc look for a CR2032 or similar battery on the mother or daughterboard and replace it make sure the battery goes back in the right way round do this with the mfa switched off. You will also have to plug in a vga pc moniter into the mfa pc and leave the keyboard pluged in and then switch on and entre the bios. At the bottom of the bios screen that shows the time and date is a line which will say halt on all errors change this to halt ono errors then save to bios and exit bios the pc will reboot . If all works ok switch off the mfa and remove the moniter and keyboard and close up the mfa and use as normal.  Have funn  Andy   PS. while in the bios reset the time and date.

Hi Andy,

I did follow strictly on the instruction you posted, but When I plug in a monitor in VGA slot and turned on the machine as you instructed me to do, there was nothing on the monitor, the monitor was blank. Again I turned off the machine from the main switch and checked all the connects to make sure they are ok, but still the VGA monitor was blank, I tried several times with no success.I wonder whether you have more ideas which can help to solve this issue.

Thanks alot,

Alex

There was nothing on the attached monitor because there is PCB for machine LCD display which you have to pull out (disconect the cables first ;-)), before connecting the monitor, this board takes priority for the LCD display.

If I remember correctly this PCB is first PCB after the big main PCB.

Thanks to Andy And Periko,

Here again, The following Error message  appeared on the VGA screen of my Masterflex Analogue 1008 - “Floppy Disc Failed” when I pressed F1 the following message appeared “One of the slaves is not present.

Note the error code and inform your service organization” and the code is # 40. Please I would like your help.

Thanks,

Alex