GRETAG D1008 -- DMD controller board error

neilash

Still sufferring !  the PC on the gretag D1008 must have had a faulty power supply. Changed that. cleaned the fans, and those near  the DMD optic unit, checked the power supply near it too.  Still the error keeps coming.  The error is

" 42070 . Printer software. Printing is not possible. An error with DMD controller board occurred. You may try shutting down and restart the minilab. "

i have restarted the machine may times, left it off overnight, but still same error keeps comin.  With this error i cannot print.

what can i do ?

Check this points from Technical Manual for that error number:

A function with the DMD controller board (SPES or DPWF) could not be executed. Possible causes:

1) The Fire Wire /IEE1394 cable from the PC to the DMD controller board is not correctly connected.

2) The IEE1394 interface in the PC is defective.

3) The DMDController board is defective.

4) There is something wrong with the power supply of the DMD controller board.

5) The driver for IEE1394 interface is not correctly installed.

In case 5) a complete new installation of the operating system may help.

Try to check Fire Wire cable and if the driver for IEE1394 interface is correctly installed and if you can not fix it try to reinstall everything from scrath, but make backup on ZIP first.

problem is i do not have the software. i am going to check the firewire cable and board first.

"The driver for IEE1394 interface is not correctly installed." -- is this the driver for the fire wire board in windows? Does the gretag software pick it up automatically ?

did you manage to find the software yet ? --- for me to install competely from scratch

Sorry I could not find software version which you have on machine as it is old one, but I send you on e-mail drivers for that Fire Wire board (unibrain), together with their web page and if it does not work with ones I sent, try to look it for on their web page (check which Fire Wire card you have in the machine).

I hope that this will help you

hello Perica,

i have been going through the following list

1) The Fire Wire /IEE1394 cable from the PC to the DMD controller board is not correctly connected.

2) The IEE1394 interface in the PC is defective.

3) The DMDController board is defective.

4) There is something wrong with the power supply of the DMD controller board.

5) The driver for IEE1394 interface is not correctly installed.

In case 5) a complete new installation of the operating system may help

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   RESULTS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1) i have tested the cable --is working Ok

2) the fire wire card -- i took this out and put in another Pc and the computer does not start, it freezes at the welcome screen The same as when this card is in the Gretag , it freezes at the welcome screen.  If i replace the fire wire card with another card in the Gretag then the software loads up and get the DMD error. It seems to me that the original  card is faulty and must be special.  Because the printer software must be instructiing via this particular type of card to the DMD optics to expose the paper underneath.

3i was told that it is very unlikely for this board to go defective

4) tested the DMD contrioller board power supply --- it is working fine Yellow 12V+ , black Ground, red 5V-

5)  loaded the best driver found on the website.  -- made no difference.

so now i have ordered a new fire wire card and will see how this works.

i will keep you posted.

neilash

• 7 years later...