R2 Gray Line... help!

focusingltd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

You need to check the gears on the back side of the transport unit. Shot down the machine, take out the printer head, loos the belt tightener and remove the two belts. Clean carefully the gears, they become durty and this cause an uneaven paper transport. Then the roller runs to show, you get a darker line, to quick, a lighter line. Because it is a tranaport problem the lines are accross the printing direction and can not be removes by a head calibration.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
On 7/26/2011 at 11:01 AM, Urskov said:

You need to check the gears on the back side of the transport unit. Shot down the machine, take out the printer head, loos the belt tightener and remove the two belts. Clean carefully the gears, they become durty and this cause an uneaven paper transport. Then the roller runs to show, you get a darker line, to quick, a lighter line. Because it is a tranaport problem the lines are accross the printing direction and can not be removes by a head calibration.

Hi. Can you please explain  me how to set the gears on the back of the exposure unit? I changed the belts but I didn't  mark the gears. What is the way?

Thanks in advance.