blue smudges next to black areas

costin1000@yahoo.com

As above, If after doing the exposure position correction you are still getting bleed you will need to go into Menu → Extension → Setup → Paper Setup → F Functions → NCE Mode.

Start off with a correction of -100 -100 -100 in the balance memory, then put in corrections as required to make the boxes as neutral as possible.

It is always a compromise between good black text on a white background and good white text on a black background.

Thanks alot guys,  it definatelly helped a little. However, i have reached maximum correction for Cyan in NCE mode ( C -150 in Balance Memory ) and there is still a little bit of blue overspill. I am attaching one more photo for you to see - look by the womens hair how the blue spills on to her face. Anymore suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Did you follow the suggestion from Minilab service above, laser alignment first and thats worth getting a loop on the test print to pick the best alignment.

Your sample is hard to view on here but it has a general cyan look a small correction in paper balance may help. also if you need a bit more on NCE mode you can add equal amounts of yellow and magenta to get a bigger minus cyan correction. The big minus correction that Dave S mentioned is to reduce exposure, your black should not be as dark and this should improve bleed, Big corrections can affect the grey mid-tones so don't go mad

What paper are you using?

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

just an update on this:

-changed chemicals - problem still there

-checked paper type, did all the alignments and calibrations posibile but the problem still there.

-used up the NCE mode  corection range, it only helped a little.

Basically,  the problem is that the black is too black and this is what causes the bleed. If you have any advice on how I can reduce the black density it should  solve the issue.

-someone adviced me to rebuild the LUT's but I dont know where to find this data and how to do this. If you have any instructions on this they are very welcome.

Thank you all for your time,