• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What sort of information are you looking for. We owned a 2301 for over 5 years and it has only just been sold. I think I know a lot about the old girl, so if I can help, drop me an email

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Do you mean that the printer cannot produce identical prints off the same neg/file?

If this is the case then you have a problem which noritsu must be able to solve for you.

I actually have no experience of noritsu m/c's, being an agfa man, but how old is the printer- I'm amazed at Noritsu's lack of interest as this sort of thing does there reputation no good, especially when reported on a public forum such as this.

Perhaps another forum member who has experience with these will see this and reply, in any event I would certainly put pressure on Noritsu to sort out the problem as there must be a cure.

Good luck

Tony

How old is the machine?? I think that you are in Mexico ?? yes?? If so, have you considered contacting Noritsu Japan, USA or even the UK, to see if they can offer you any help?

This may be a good option for you to consider... Please do keep us informed on how you get along.

I'm actually in the US.  Maybe I will try Japan; since noone here in the US can do anything.  I have been told that it could be an inherent problem in the computer portion of the machine.    I have talked with other 2301 owners and have been told that a great many of them have the same problem.  

If this is the case, then first, good that you have brought it to our attention.. thank you for this.

I am very suprised that Noritsu US, have this attitude, this really does sound very bad from here... But See if you can make contact with Noritsu Japan, and see if they can help you.

I for one will be really sad, if you do not get a solution to this problem..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is to let everyone know that Noritsu has written a letter that said they cannot repair the 2301.  They came and picked it up since it was covered under warranty and I told them I wouldn't pay for a machine that wouldn't work.  I got no money back from them and have had to file a lawsuit since my business has lost 2/3 of possible revenue from a machine that never worked properly.  Beware of Noritsu America Corp. and their promises and also their warrantys.  This has actually been ongoing for the last year.  

eeek!

How can someone remove a business's source of income and not offer to do something!

I think its great that they took it away under warranty, but how can they not replace it with something similar?

Have they offered anything to replace it - either at no charge, or some additional charge?

When you purchase an item for a given purpose, it's reasonable to assume it is fit for that purpose. If it is not, then the company has misrepresented the product.

The fact that they could not fix the problem should not be your problem - it remains their problem to ensure the item is fit to do the job its designed for. By removing the machine because they can't fix it, they have, to my mind, admitted it is not able to do the job its designed to do.

I know the law varies in every country, but I'm sure we would all like to know how you go on this.

It does not seem to me to be the sort of treatment that the parent company in Japan would support - it shows loss of face due to the non preformance of their equipment.

I can't think of the name of the Noritsu Japan CEO, but I think a letter to him may help in sorting the problem out, or at least bring it to their attention.

I have had issues with Noritsu equipmet at various times, but they have all be eventually sorted out. Sometimes to my complete satisfaction, others not. But I still remain a very firm supporter of one of the last trully independent minilab manufacturers.

Good luck

Noritsu America, Buena Park, CA. has offered nothing.  They are now insisting that I travel 1100 miles to fight them thru arbitration.  I have had to hire an attorney in two different parts of the United States to even get anything started.  Noritsu's customer service people have decided to do nothing.  In fact both customer service and the technical people have said that they could not repair the machine. They in essence told me that if I wanted anything from them I would have to fight them legally.   I am still having to pay rent on a business that is no longer in business due to the decisions of Noritsu America Corp.  I also at one time supported Noritsu, but have found out that when it comes to them taking care of their customers, that is not a major concern of theirs.  I hope noone else has to go through what I have gone through- downpayments on equipment, warranty payments on equipment, attorney bills, and Noritsu has not even come close to trying to compromise with anything.  Their warranty has meant absoutely nothing.  Noritsu made a great deal of money last year.  I wonder how many other small business they have ruined to make their money.

This is a terrible story, and I am so sorry that Noritsu (US) have treated you this way. Another suggestion for you, are you in the PMA?? They have a legal department that may be able to help you?

I would certainly try to get in touch with Noritsu Japan, to let them know your story... I suppose that here in the UK, we are lucky that our country is small, and so far (for the most part) Noritsu (UK) have looked after there customers for the most part.

Do, keep us up-to date with how you are getting along, and also do feel free to use this forum, to inform of potential customers of your plight :(

Where my major problem comes in with Noritsu is that I leased the equipment from Noritsu.  In other words I borrowed the money from Noritsu Finance and got the equipment from Noritsu America Corp.  I signed paper work for both.  The sales agreement with the money amounts said Noritsu Finance was not responsible for warranties.  The papers from Noritsu America Corp said that the equipment had a 90 day warranty and then I started paying for an extended warranty.  When the equipment didn't work and couldn't be repaired, then Noritsu said the most important piece of paper I signed was the conditional sales contract with the money amounts.

This piece of paper said that if I had any problems I would arbitrate.  I did not have any problems with the financing, I had problems with the warranty and the fact  I was told that the machine would do things it would not do.  As a result I got a piece of paper today trying to compel arbitration so that Noritsu  can get away with not having to fulfill the warranty clause in the other contract.  Everyone please be careful in your dealings with Noritsu Finance and Noritsu Americo Corp.

• 2 months later...

Just to follow up on what has been happing with Noritsu.  Noritsu has now stated that I should have not believed what their program finance manager told me about the financing of the 2301; and the judge agreed.  Said all business owners should be smart enough not to have this happen to them.  I am just letting everyone know, do not believe anything you are told by a Noritsu salesman or anyone at Noritsu.  The finance people with Noritsu do not actually work for Noritsu; but, for Bank of America.  Please be careful if you do not want to lose everything you have and own.  This is really a tale of how a large corporation (Noritsu) can bankrupt a small business and never even look back.  

Noritsu has now stated that I should have not believed what their program finance manager told me about the financing of the 2301

Shit, this is terrible, so sorry, and lost for words. In the UK things are done different, and as a whole my belief was/is that Noritsu are an honourable company, that would do their utmost to take care of customers, even in difficult times, and I am so pissed of for you.  >:(

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that my prospects of owning a lab have gone by the wayside since I have been hassling with Noritsu America for 2 years to live up to their warranty.  It will now cost me in the neighborhood of $20,000 (US) to continue my fight with Noritsu.  The American Arbitration Association , as Noritsu knows, and I am now finding out is one of the most expensive Associations to arbitrate thru.  It would be a lot cheapter for me to go thru the court system here in America; but Noritsu has fixed everything so that won't happen.  I may sound like an angry person, and I am.  I believed everything I was told, from the salesman thru the technicians thru their Program Finance Manager and now the vice-president of Noritsu America is saying I should have not listened to them.  Whom else was there.  I will update at a later time.  Thanks for the support.

• 2 months later...

I have not been threatened with legal action, both injunctive and for compensation of loss by John McKenzie, Noritsu America Corp, Buena Park California for telling the truth about the equipment I received and for telling other people about the problems I have had thru letters that I have sent out trying to find other people who have had problems with Noritsu equipment.  I have found several.  I wrote to Noritsu in Japan who in turned forwarded the letter to California.  I have documentation and witnesses for everything I have said about the equipment that I received.  Noritsu will not even address the issues of what the salesman told me about the equipment, nor will they address the fact that I have approximately 37 service reports on the equipment and that I have letters acknowledging the color shift problems with the equipment.  Everything has, according to them, been my fault.  I guess if I had accepted defective equipment, Noritsu would have been happy.  It seems that the customer doesn't count.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

on your inconsistant color from repeat printing:

Did NAC verify if you needed the filter rail mod that started with the 2211? these were little metal clips & roller bearings added to the dichroic filter assemblies to help them glide & not bind.

Did you upgrade to the latest & greatest software ? Also , did you try printing on manual with scanner corrections off? Most people do not maintain their manual balances but anyone who has had a scanner failure will learn that lesson REAL quick.

If prints are consistent with scanner off printing just with the LATD's in master manual mode then the issue is your scanner control. If color is still inconsistant I'd take the rails off the dichroic assembly & roll them on a counter-top--if they wobble & "wow" the dichroic assemblies could be binding on the high spots during travel

• 1 month later...
Noritsu has now stated that I should have not believed what their program finance manager told me about the financing of the 2301

THIS IS SO NOT TRUE!

I had a run in with Noritsu. Over the 1701 and it's inability to do what the salesman told me it would do.

ANY agent of a company making claims on behalf of said company makes said company WHOLEY liable for said claims!

If arbitration did not go well for you APEAL! This should move it to real court. A good friend of mine was in Arbitration and it turned out there was a personal relationship between arbitrator and other sides attorney. Ouch. That didn't go well for my friend, but he appealed and got it move to a real court. We'll see what happens next.

I had a 2301 for like 7 years and have crawled up it's butt with a microscope........

You saying the negative printing was not consistant but from different printing sessions? Or the same repeat printing?

It should not vary in repeat mode or your filter assembly is toast. My 2301 was not very consistant at anything accept making me work harder.  >:(

Tech help at this point is useless, but I would continue to hold Noritsu's feet to the fire. But they will only compensate with more equiptment. They wil not pay money without a court order you can bet on that. So unfortunatly you might not get any satisfaction without accepting a different machine and staying in the photo biz.

My 1701 nightmare was resolved buy giving me a HUGE discount on a new machine. But it did come to threatening a lawsuit.  :-/