QSS-3203 Shutting down after MB changed

Mustard

HI All,

The motherboard on our 3203 died and I have replaced it. I had to change the operating system from W2K to XP. I've install the QSS software and I had no problems with the installation, except that when the QSS software starts it gives an error 1801-8000, Execute software upgrade Colorimeter Unit. I click yes to start the upgrades and everything looks ok until it gets to 72% of the Colorimeter Unit upgrade and then shuts down the computer. There are no errors or anything that I can see. Has anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Have you changed the ATX power supply? The software has a loop-back that checks the ATX output and if not present it shuts down about 2 minutes into launching the software. Also I would ask why change from Win 2K?  you may have to change the settings on your serial com port for the machine to be able to see the colourimeter as it uses serial to communicate

Hi Magenta,

When I took the computer into get repaired, I was told the only motherboard they had that had the necessary slots would not work with W2K as the drivers only supported XP and above. Besides the M/B, CPU, HDD and memory everything is the same box. Do you know what the settings are for the com port as I was hoping they would be the default settings.

Thanks,

Paul

Unfortunately what you describe is the world of PC components. Your machine was designed many years ago and developed around P4 hyper threading and W2K. Its old technology and the guy from the PC shop will sell you (what he has) a very good PC, It may still not work, one of the reasons Noritsu parts are so expensive, they have to buy loads of motherboards and put them on the shelf to support kit in the field, even they have been superseded many times as components are no longer available. Are you sure you have the serial plugs in the correct positions including the ATX power plug. Then you need to try different Com port settings.

OK have you rebuilt your new motherboard into the original Noritsu case and ATX power supply? If you haven't you need the extra serial plug on the ATX

as I said it will shut down. The windows system will be closed down as if your power has gone off. This may be happening as the system boots and you may be half way through the colourimeter loading as thats always the last one.

Once you get to the point that the Noritsu will boot up, does not close down, but gives you an alarm saying the colourimeter is not working, needs a software upgrade or some other error relating to the Colourimeter. You need to go into the Com port setting in device manager and see if any are active, then its simply hit and miss selecting different com setting. I have no information for a none standard PC.

Good Luck