Printing black-and-white on DDP-411

Brucels

I am printing images from Photoshop to our Noritsu DDP-411 printer. Is there any way to print using black and light black inks ONLY? Black-and-white images are coming out with a plummy tone. I can't find any setting in the printer dialogue box or printer driver preferences that would help. Thanks for any suggestions!

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Umm, you're using a photographic paper that forms images with cyan, yellow, and magenta inks through light exposure.

(Or is this a dry printer?)

I'm not familiar with the model number, but if you are, indeed, standing next to this machine on a daily basis and unable to discern the difference between a dry printer and an RA-4 laser exposure printer, you should feel very very foolish.

I mean, if you are dumping in chemicals, where do you think dyes play any into the process?  Dyes are formed chemically.  The only type of photographic material that has "black" "ink" is true B&W where it is black metallic silver used to form the image.