3702HD MACHINE CHEMICAL WEEK EVERY 3 DAYS

mfvster

DEAR FRIENDS

WE ARE USING KODAK CHEMICALS & KODAK PAPERS. MY PROBLEM IS CHEMICAL WEEKS EVERY 3 DAYS, TIME AFTER THAT I PUT SOME REPLENSHER TO THE CD BATH AND STONG . THEN PRINTS COMING GOOD, SO AGAIN AFTER 3 DAYS TIME COLOURS OMING LITTLE BLUE CAST. WHEN I CHECK CHEMICAL BY SENDING FOG PAPER IT WILL COMING BLAKNESS LITTLE BLUE OLOUR SO I'M VERY CONFUSE WHY THIS HAPPEN EVERY

TIME, I PUT THE ORRECT REPLENISHER RATES ALSO (CD 80-BL45-STB195) AND ALSO I MESHER THE OUTPUT

AND ADD THE ORRECT VALUE . SO PLEASE ANY ONE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM

THANS

ANY WAY IS THERE HAVE ANY MODE TO SELECT LAW VOLUME AND HIGH VOLUME SELECT LIKE

FUJI MACHINES?

Check this kodak CIS-270 PDF regarding the replanishament rates on Noritsu QSS minilabs:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/chemicals/cis270.pdf

This is changed from original rates because Kodak realised that 80ml/m2 is not suficent for 30s cycle, but also the developer temperature is increased to 40C, so the new rates are:

DEV = 108ml/m2

BL-Fix = 54 ml/m2

Stb = 194 ml/m2 (for 4 stb tanks, for 3 stb it should be 388 ml/m2)

This document applys only for minilabs with 30s developing time !!!

For low utilizaton, check this document from Kodak:

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/service/chemicals/CIS-246E.pdf

I dont think that Kodak chemistry goes weak after every 3 days only. I think your Developer Tank solution is damaged. Replace it first. Rep rate CD 80 is ok for Noritsu minilab, and also temperature should be 37.8. Please check temperature of CD Bath with a thermometer and compare it to yor display. I have worked as a maintenance engineer with Kodak distributor for about 1 and half year with Kodak Ektacolor Lorr Chemistry and we ran this chemistry with a huge number of Frontier and Noritsu minilab.

Your Process Control Strip and Y-55 plot (graph)  should tell you the condition of your chemistry at a glance. With a drift  over 3 days I would expect you'd see something very obvious on the control strip.

Pump out measurements are all OK   ;)  I'd still suspect the pump, maybe intermittent, poppet valve on the way out.......If you check the level of the solution towards the end of the three day cycle, does it look to be low.

You say you add a  little fresh dev to the working solution and all is fine for a while. Up the rep  a little as suggested  to see if this makes a difference to the overall stability. If you think you are in fact under replenishing then  abort the close down wash cycle in the evenings. During start up  next day, the tanks fill again with water, another possible cause for dilution of the working solution if the rep rate is  borderline.

On our QSS 31 Pro, which is a high speed model we still run 80ml/m2 with  no problems over the past 4 years. The Durst Theta' s we run at 100ml/m2. All using same Kodak paper. PSKARO's reference to the Kodak documents is quite relevant.   The window for replenishment is quite broad. More is better (to a degree), less is bad.  ??)

Might get to the point where it may be to your  advantage to drop half the tank and replace with a fresh batch of start-up chemistry to boost recovery.  You are using LORR which is OK for 80ml/m2. Mind you, if you were using RT chemistry rep rate would be about  212ml/m2!